WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2201 - 2220 of 2225 Posts

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,674 Posts
Auspost has nothing to do with it. Aramex is the shipper.
Unless it's being couriered door to door, they all use Auspost channels. Up until very recently Auspost also was a part owner of Aramex.

"Inbound international parcels generated by the Aramex/Australia Post joint venture will be delivered by Australia Post.

Under the deal, Australia Post will acquire Australian courier company Mail Call from Aramex. This will become part of the Star Track Courier network."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
188 Posts
No, Aramex is ex Fastaway Couriers. They are franchise based, which is the big problem, as centrally there is no control over delivery times etc. Franchises just blame each other. Aramex may hire space from Auspost as a third party, for example post flights or such, but only as a customer

·
Registered
476 Posts
Strap for Panerai 510 made from an old satchel bought for $7:00 at charity shop.
Outerwear Product Bag Textile Sleeve

Watch Hand Photograph Analog watch White

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Reactions: BundyBear

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,472 Posts
Looks good. How do you like it?
Thanks! Yeah, otherwise happy with it. I had better be as this was a half of the his & hers pair that Mrs Bear bought for our Christmas 2021. I will be sleeping on the couch if I said I hated it.

Overall, for the price, good value as these are constantly on 40% discount.

It looks like a homage of Panerai + IWC with weird looking skeleton hands. Best feature I like is the sun ray dial and the execution of the design but the lume is pretty weak as you can see from the thin indices and skeleton hands. Useless at night.

The finishing is average but the design of the case and the pattern on the case back is nice. The leather strap is soft and very comfortable on the wrist and offers plenty of holes and suits 7” right up to 8.5” wrists. It wears well on my 7.7” wrist.

My biggest complaint about the watch is the flimsy crown and stem system due to the small NH35 movement inside a very large case. The thread on the crown tube wasn’t well cut and feels rough.

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Who are some Australian used watch sellers I should keep a eye on, or subscribe too, for used watches? Omega particular or similar calibre.

I've signed up with Clockmaker and scored a Speedmaster when Hacko had a 10% off sale.

I also receive e-news from European Watch Gallery yet never seen a sale etc.

·
Premium Member
35,472 Posts
Who are some Australian used watch sellers I should keep a eye on, or subscribe too, for used watches? Omega particular or similar calibre.

I've signed up with Clockmaker and scored a Speedmaster when Hacko had a 10% off sale.

Mate, look up The Watch Gallery in Little Collins Street. They stock a lot of Omega watches and his prices are already very competitive. No need for cheap stunts like 10% off.

I don’t bother with EWC as he is active on AWF and his watches are sold even before he puts them on the store website. Sent him an enquiry once on a watch and he didn’t even have the courtesy to respond and the watch got sold in a day, lol.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts

Brisbane Vintage Watches, although now I think they could be in Sydney as well. I was always looking at Ferntree Gulley but they never had quite what I was after. I have bought from Shonie at Armidale, now European Watch gallery. I bought a Rolex Date in 2000 and sold it for double what I paid to a guy in New York. It was my first international sale.

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,674 Posts

I have bought from the Watch Gallery in Lt Collins as well. Good experience. Can also highly recommended The Watch Collector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts

Mate, Dane from Watchvault is friendly and helpful.

WATCH VAULT

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
I think he’s a member here too. I can’t remember his posting handle. It is like watch monkey or something close. I used to see his for sale posts but not much these days.
Yeah mate, i reckon its "phunkymonkey" or something with a car pic as an avatar

2201 - 2220 of 2225 Posts