WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a newbie collector of vintage and mainly cheap watches. Today I got a Witt, for about 2 bucks in non-working condition, although the balance wheel works and it goes for about 10 seconds then it stops. My watchmaker said that it can be fixed. However, I really seek information on the brand. I couldn't find specific information on the watch, excluding some misleading E-Bay offers and the luxury Dewitt brand which I doubt it relates to. I am looking forward for your help. Thanks!

Trimis de pe al meu ALE-L21 folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a photo.. Obviously the one on the right. I have it at my watchmaker for the moment.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hello, I am a newbie collector of vintage and mainly cheap watches. Today I got a Witt, for about 2 bucks in non-working condition, although the balance wheel works and it goes for about 10 seconds then it stops. My watchmaker said that it can be fixed. However, I really seek information on the brand. I couldn't find specific information on the watch, excluding some misleading E-Bay offers and the luxury Dewitt brand which I doubt it relates to. I am looking forward for your help. Thanks!

Hello,

Witt would be a small French brand, existed around 70’s - 80’s and used mostly France Ebauche movement. The most move movements used in French horology at this time (there was many more French brand).
I got a Witt today for cheap and I have to say it’s a good value!
I didn’t find information neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts