WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an SMP Chrono for about a year, and, recently, after some swimming in the tropics, it took on a small amount of water vapor. After reading the horror stories on this site about the NJ repair facility, I decided to send the watch to OWSA in Philadelphia. They had the watch for less than 2 weeks, repaired it under warranty, cleaned and shined it, and I generally couldn't be happier. I've noticed, though, that the rotor doesn't seem to spin as freely as as it used to. The merest movement of my wrist used to set it spinning for several seconds, and, when bored at work, I'd involuntarily start doing slow karate chops with my left hand, listening to the watch wind. Now, it only seems to spin freely once or twice, if the angle is right, and then it doesn't do anything at all. The power reserve is at least 10 hours, although I haven't let it wind down to see how long it really is, and it's keeping great time. Is this an issue? Should I stop karate chopping at work? Most people think I'm nuts in any event. Thanks much.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I have 2 suggestions. First, wear it the whole day and then let it wind down to figure out the power reserve. This will tell you if you have a problem with the watch.

The second is to either stop Karate chopping at work or find a job in a martial arts gym :-! People might think your crazy...:-d

I've had an SMP Chrono for about a year, and, recently, after some swimming in the tropics, it took on a small amount of water vapor. After reading the horror stories on this site about the NJ repair facility, I decided to send the watch to OWSA in Philadelphia. They had the watch for less than 2 weeks, repaired it under warranty, cleaned and shined it, and I generally couldn't be happier. I've noticed, though, that the rotor doesn't seem to spin as freely as as it used to. The merest movement of my wrist used to set it spinning for several seconds, and, when bored at work, I'd involuntarily start doing slow karate chops with my left hand, listening to the watch wind. Now, it only seems to spin freely once or twice, if the angle is right, and then it doesn't do anything at all. The power reserve is at least 10 hours, although I haven't let it wind down to see how long it really is, and it's keeping great time. Is this an issue? Should I stop karate chopping at work? Most people think I'm nuts in any event. Thanks much.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
I have 2 suggestions. First, wear it the whole day and then let it wind down to figure out the power reserve. This will tell you if you have a problem with the watch.

The second is to either stop Karate chopping at work or find a job in a martial arts gym :-! People might think your crazy...:-d
I'm with Joe on this one Crouching Tiger. Let that bad boy wind down from a full wind and see what you got. Sounds like everything is fine, but let's make sure. Karate choppin' huh? I got a black belt in Bullshito, what do you have? - David

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
I got a black belt in Bullshito, - David
I used to teach Bullshito in Japan. Here is a pic of my apprentices. - Hiro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts