WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the movie, which was pretty good but I felt less than the sum of its parts.

The watches in the movie are outrageous though. A lot of blue and gold subs, a couple IWC's (Big Pilot for sure) and a gold with white dial Daytona.

Did you catch any others?

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
All I saw were lots of gold watches... oh that and a boob every five minutes. Great movie if you look past the nude action, good story line and great comedy portions. Not sure I'd aspire to wear any of the watches they own..

Reactions: pesfunk

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
All I saw were lots of gold watches... oh that and a boob every five minutes. Great movie if you look past the nude action, good story line and great comedy portions. Not sure I'd aspire to wear any of the watches they own..
Why would i want to look past the nudity? Actually, I'd consider watching just all the nude scenes cycled over and over....

But yeah the watches were pretty awful looking. Even worse is that they were wearing those tacky sports watches with suits. Though I guess the point of a solid gold rolex or similar style/sized pieces is to show off wealth vs looking classy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would aspire to own that gold Daytona despite gold watches not really being my cup of tea.

I actually didn't like the plot that much as it was very superficial, though, I think the movie had to be superficial because the characters were deeply superficial people, or sociopaths if that's how you want to put it. But boobs are not lacking.

Did anyone else think that Belfort's wife was Jamie Presley for a lot of the movie?

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
This is OT, but I saw 'wall street' and 'watches' in the thread title.
I was watching 'Wall Street: money never sleeps' again last night, and in the montage of images in the end credits, I noticed these:

Watch Font Pocket watch Clock Metal Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Font

I usually switch off before the credits. Product placement perhaps?

·
Premium Member
13,590 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Haha, we're such nerds. I just saw this tonight and the whole time I'm just trying to figure out what watches they're wearing. Then I Google it. There is something wrong with me... :)

Reactions: PureDangles

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just saw this last night and came looking to see what the Rolex gold sport model Leo had been wearing. It was on a jubilee bracelet, but I think I agree that it was a GMT. Either way during the throwing watch scene, I am such a nerd that I was distracted by the fact that when he raised his arm up at a certain point his watch was unclasped. A cut later hes wearing a solid gold rolex president, cut back he's holding a watch to throw the close up shows the sport model again flying.

I'm sure they switched in the president thinking, "who would notice?"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also want to know what the 1st watch is, that Leo is wearing in The Wolf of The Wall Street. I picked up a video from the restaurant scene where the watch is visible in the first part of the video. But still can't determine which watch he is wearing ??

Link to the video: The wolf of wall street restaurant song - YouTube
I was pretty sure it was a Seiko. Not a bad looking piece, but obviously not in the same league as some of the others in this film.

Matthew McConaughey wore a very 80's two tone datejust with a Jubilee bracelet.

I think with that "$40000 dollar gold watch" line we are due in for another round of Alec Baldwin wannabes in the sales industry...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts