WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to buy my wife a new watch for Xmas... would like to stay under 2k but not a hard line. She likes dive style watches but really it will be more fashion than function. Here is where it gets hard - she likes watches with numbers that she can clearly read (close vision is bad) and it seems like all the womens watches are more jewelry than used for timekeeping. Open to any and all suggestions.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I bought my wife year ago a Tag Heuer Ladies Kirium, 200m WR and it is a quartz. It looks like this below but hers is with a purplish MOP instead of a blue MOP:

It is a very nice elegant ladies dive watch. And it is curvy for dressy occasions too.;-)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd like to buy my wife a new watch for Xmas... would like to stay under 2k but not a hard line. She likes dive style watches but really it will be more fashion than function. Here is where it gets hard - she likes watches with numbers that she can clearly read (close vision is bad) and it seems like all the womens watches are more jewelry than used for timekeeping. Open to any and all suggestions.
You can spend $100 on a Zodiac Sea Dragon in pink. It is a dive watch. It looks like jewelry. The dial is clearly visible since it has no numbers. Its humongous size is very much in fashion. Use the remaining $1900 to buy yourself something nice.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You can spend $100 on a Zodiac Sea Dragon in pink. It is a dive watch. It looks like jewelry. The dial is clearly visible since it has no numbers. Its humongous size is very much in fashion. Use the remaining $1900 to buy yourself something nice.
^^^ A true WUS. :-d

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Now don't all scoff at this, but maybe Invicta has a little to offer here, Won't break the bank and there are some pretty pieces that might appeal to your ladies sense of taste, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way either.

Also Ladies Zodiacs are very well made and also affordable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Now don't all scoff at this, but maybe Invicta has a little to offer here, Won't break the bank and there are some pretty pieces that might appeal to your ladies sense of taste, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way either.

Also Ladies Zodiacs are very well made and also affordable.
While I appreciate the Invictas for their solid design, workmanship, and price, I can't help thinking that they are R01ex also-has-beens. The ladies Zodiacs don't pretend to be anything else. The share stylistic traits with the legendary men's line of the same name, not with a different brand. Otherwise everything else well said.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I bought that for my wife too!:-d

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Good thing my gf does not live in Lamia. You can't have two Sea Dragons in the same town!
Actually I bought 2, one pink and one light blue. So she chose the blue and I sold the Pink. So you GF can come to Lamia with ease. I promise not to give your GF another watch!;-):-d

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
More and more women are wearing men's watches these days. My GF wears a Brietling Colt GMT 40.5" and a Bell & Ross BR03 42" and she's tiny, really tiny! Anyway I think big watches on chics look kinda sexy. Just my opinion, there are plenty of nice watches made just for women too. It's all dependent on taste. Good luck. b-)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Actually I bought 2, one pink and one light blue. So she chose the blue and I sold the Pink. So you GF can come to Lamia with ease. I promise not to give your GF another watch!;-):-d
I agree that the blue Sea Dragon looks awsome, too! Now I can tell who your wife is. I can also tell who you are, from your Super Sea Wolf, which hopefully some day you will sell to me. One can only hope.

·
Registered
175 Posts
More and more women are wearing men's watches these days. My GF wears a Brietling Colt GMT 40.5" and a Bell & Ross BR03 42" and she's tiny, really tiny! Anyway I think big watches on chics look kinda sexy. Just my opinion, there are plenty of nice watches made just for women too. It's all dependent on taste. Good luck. b-)
The Zodiac Sea Dragon that my lady wears is four times as massive as my R01ex Oyster Date. Go figure. Are big watches sexy? I don't know. What I know is that more and more women are trying to assume male roles. How far can this go?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts