WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey G-Shock people,
I’m a girl who just started wearing a watch for the first time last year. I go clubbing a lot and I usually leave my phone in the car so I decided to get a watch. I started with Timex Weekender, then I got a Citizen Eco Drive, and for Christmas I got a Baby-G BA110LP-7A that I absolutely love.
I started reading about G-Shocks and all the cool high-tech things some of them can do, and now I’m torn between fashion and functionality.
Part of me wants to buy a black S- Series (GMAS110F-1A), but the other part of me wants to get something higher-tech and ridiculous.
I love the Rangeman, I love the scifi look and all the high-tech features, but I’m scared I’ll look ridiculous with a watch that big. My wrist is about 6.3 inches around.
Big watches are in right now, but how big is too big?
Any other ladies out there? Anyone with a wife/friend/girl-friend who rocks a big Gshock?

I did some searching and was inspired by a thread called "Women and Mudman" which I can't link to because my post count is too low.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey G-Shock people,
I’m a girl who just started wearing a watch for the first time last year. I go clubbing a lot and I usually leave my phone in the car so I decided to get a watch. I started with Timex Weekender, then I got a Citizen Eco Drive, and for Christmas I got a Baby-G BA110LP-7A that I absolutely love.
I started reading about G-Shocks and all the cool high-tech things some of them can do, and now I’m torn between fashion and functionality.
Part of me wants to buy a black S- Series (GMAS110F-1A), but the other part of me wants to get something higher-tech and ridiculous.
I love the Rangeman, I love the scifi look and all the high-tech features, but I’m scared I’ll look ridiculous with a watch that big. My wrist is about 6.3 inches around.
Big watches are in right now, but how big is too big?
Any other ladies out there? Anyone with a wife/friend/girl-friend who rocks a big Gshock?

I did some searching and was inspired by a thread called "Women and Mudman" which I can't link to because my post count is too low.
Welcome to the forum and the world of G-Shocks. The Rangeman is a good pick to start with in my opinion. I don't think you need to worry too much about the Rangeman except maybe some of the bulk vertically. Otherwise, it'll probably look fine. Your wrist about the same size as mine and I wear GW-9300's which are approximate to the dimensions of the Rangeman. I personally feel they look fine and no one really has said anything otherwise.

I think as long as it comes off proportionate to the rest of your body then you won't look like some guys wearing those ridiculously large Diesel watches with 6 subdials. If you want to talk about too large take a look at some of those Diesel watches.

·
Registered
166 Posts
6.3 inch is fair enough for the lugs distance end to end of the gw9300 mudman. Dunno about the rangeman. And mudman is already thick and am sure lighter than the rangeman. But rangeman is thicker or has more height above the wrist. If ur ok with that then the lugs distance will be considered for the fit..

hawlrite!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think a big watch worn loose on the wrist can look great on a slimmer girl's arm, as long as it's not with an LBD or a ball gown. Way cooler than a bracelet. and lots of toys to play with on the a Rangeman.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
If you want it, I say go for it. I see no reason why being a woman (or having small wrists) should preclude you from owning such a great watch. In fact, I think a girl wearing a Rangeman would be cool. If you live near a Macy's they might have one for you to try on. Otherwise, you can always buy from Amazon for an easy return if it doesn't suit you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it would be just fine. Not to stereo type, but you could hunt down a special edition sunrise purple (looks hot pink) as well if you don't mind the negative screen or the white Burton version. Or for some more luxury and "iconic" styling even a frogman, with a nice screw back and solid metal case with some nifty high tech features as well, though at a much higher price and heavier. There are some pics of women wearing them. My lady said she'd rock it, though she loves her Michael Kors aka "nice blah fossil" watch right now...and I'd buy it for myself first for collecting purposes... No such thing as too big! Many people wear watches just loose on the wrist to dangle like a bracelet would.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455137892.303231.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455137910.729113.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455137920.114853.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455137929.673521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I say go for it. I think big G's look good on women. I'm currently trying to convince my better half to get one lol.

On a side note, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought - oh boy here we go, someone's getting banned lol. Then I realized it wasn't *that* type of thread.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
wow, not the response i was expecting. thought all the "omg the rangeman is SOOOOO big, i felt like i was dragging a wall clock around on my arm" crew wouldve been in here trying to persuade the op against it! haha

in essence the rangeman is no bigger in physical dimensions than the regular ga110s and the like and plenty of girls wear those, so you're all good with the sizing |>
if you want to get more of an idea of what regular Gs look like on girls, check out the many facebook groups for g shocks, ALOT of girls from asia wearing all manner of "big" watches and loving them and not giving a flying fudge. my wife has her own collection which ranges from small dressy baby g's to vintage baby g beaters for work to chunky dw003s, dw6900s and gdx6900s and she wears them all without a care of the fashion size police haha :-!

but as per standard when anyone asks for advice on choosing between 2 models on here, the answer is always... why not both? ;) get the s series for something a little more subtle and get a big loud and bold ranger for your party watch where you can annoy everyone with regular updates on what direction youre walking, how hot it is in the club and whether or not its going to rain on your way home ;)

ps. if youre after big bold and gadgeting, check out some of the ga400 gmix models with bpm counter

pps. welcome to the forum :-!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Guys, rule #1 for the internet: always assume an online woman as a man! ;-) The OP hasn't return for a whole day.

Reactions: Phreddo and Cobia

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Guys, rule #1 for the internet: always assume an online woman as a man! ;-) The OP hasn't return for a whole day.
Lol, exactly what I was thinking when I saw the post yesterday, but didn't want to say anything

But assuming the OP is genuine, I think watch size is such a personal preference that there is not much to say really. Just buy what you are happy with

·
Registered
166 Posts
The question is' how big is too big'?
Seems like the answer is subjective that seems to drag everyone to each point of view. Some give advices, as if they to choose for themselves a watch to buy with their preference of big or too big. So in short evry comment here is just suggestions but the OP still ends ip deciding whats big or too big for him/her for woman. So i dont see the point in critics to ones point of view of whats big or too big. There are even guys wearing ga110s that have wrist below 6".. And still confident wearing em like bracers..
Best thing to do is to fit the nominated watches before buying then. Goodluck choosing then OP!

hawlrite!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts