WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Ive yet to own a Fusee watch and ran across this one. Its marked Perret Le Locle and is missing one hand. Other than that, seller says it runs strong. Not familiar with older watchmakers and was wondering of the age? I was thinking early 1800's? Any info appreciated. PM me and I can tell you what its going for and maybe you can tell me if I should go for it :) Thanks!
fusee.JPG fusee2.JPG fusee3.JPG fusee4.JPG

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Hi
Early 1800 is early. My feeling more like second part of 19th century
But without better pictures, I could not say.

Does it run. Repairing a fusee will be costly and difficult to find a watchmaker with good experience.

Me? I would only buy a well serviced and working fusee

adam

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Early 1800 is early. My feeling more like second part of 19th century
But without better pictures, I could not say.

Does it run. Repairing a fusee will be costly and difficult to find a watchmaker with good experience.

Me? I would only buy a well serviced and working fusee

adam
Seller says it runs strong but I see its missing the adjuster for speeding or slowing it down, or at least it seems to be. Since it was running, I was considering it and compared to other fusee watches Ive seen, this one seems to be in the lower price range too, but Im no expert at all. I agree about the servicing part, Im sure there are VERY few watchmakers that would touch this movement. Thanks for your input!
-Nelson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts