WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i trade a pro trek watch with a guy in the usa in july for his frogman
i sent the pro trek and it arrived in the usa in about 7 days but the frogman never turned up so we waited for about 2 months and it still wasnt here so the usa guy sent my pro trek back which took about 7 days to come back so we put it down to being stolen or losted and guess what just the other day the frogman arrived here in my post box with a post mark of 22/july so it has taken 5 months for this watch to arrive which is good news for me and my friend in the usa
well done postal service of usa and australia post better 5 months late than never
now i have another frogman for my collection
so guys if you buy a watch from over seas and it doesnt arrive dont give up hope because it may arrive at some point
lol
merry xmas to you all:-!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey Dingo, its an amazing story how it all worked out for you in the end. It's too bad it took all these months for the post offices of both countries to make this delivery but at least you know it wasn't stolen and you'll never see it. So does it go without saying that the protek is off to get shipped again or is still part of your collection?

Locomoco.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm sure all of us here in the USA can tell horror stories at length about the US Postal Service!!! I know I can. Most recently we sent pictures to relatives in California and an empty envelope arrived-and this was one of those secure, padded jobs with box sealing tape all around! Just got a watch that was literally hanging out of the padded envelope by a piece of Scotch tape...and miraculously arrived unharmed! And on and on...I've seen it take 2 weeks for a card to get from Here in Michigan to Chicago (you can drive that in a few hours).O|

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm an aircraft mechanic for a cargo outfit. I have seen and been involved in postal charter operations. The Postal Service does not own their own airplanes, so their air operations are done by contractors (Fed Ex and UPS, it used to be Emery World Wide Airlines, Ryan and Express One) , who in turn contract some of the work out to other companies. One company will do mail sorting, one will truck the freight to the airport, another will actually load the airplanes and several different airlines will fly the freight. When you consider that, the machinery involved( forklifts,sortingbelts and belt loaders) , temporary workers for the holidays (some working for $8/hr, midnight shift), weather conditions(high winds, rain at the airport) and the volume of freight( no one gets just one piece of mail anymore). I think its a pretty well oiled machine. Having said that, I get frustrated too when my vintage G-Shock gets delivered a month late or not at all. I just think that the Postal Service does a pretty good job delivering millions of pieces of mail every day and should get some recognition. Thats just the opinion of some one who sees the operation every night. Happy Holidays to All.

Happy Hunting.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've never had any problems with USPS before and usually get around 4-5 packages a month. In fact, I lived in Mexico for two years and never had a problem with their postal service as well, despite all the stories of missing letters and packages. Maybe I've been lucky.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
In Italy the situation is very bad. The problems comes from custom personnel that often stole the content of package. If you try to call the custom office you will find the phone occupied all the day, and if ringing nobody reply to you. The italian mail system for some incredible reason change the tracking number of parcel when they arrive in Italy, so you can't manage any tracking of your post, if you call the customer care of mail service, they drop the line, or leave you waiting on line for several minutes... and when they reply to you the all things they say is "we can do nothing, we don't know nothin"... I am waiting for a registered package from USA, sent the 11 of september, and nobody knows where is.

This is typical italian methods, nobody knows nothing....

Sorry to say this, I'm Italian, but in Italy the institutional service are out of control... so please when you have to delivery something to Italy, only choose private company as FED EX, UPS, DHL... they have special customs and in 4/5 days you can get your items... I have recently buy from a WUS member a Glycine Airman and in five days it will on my desk... my two g-shock sent from USA about three months ago, are now probably at the wrist of some low paid workers....

·
Registered
503 Posts
In Italy the situation is very bad. The problems comes from custom personnel that often stole the content of package. If you try to call the custom office you will find the phone occupied all the day, and if ringing nobody reply to you. The italian mail system for some incredible reason change the tracking number of parcel when they arrive in Italy, so you can't manage any tracking of your post, if you call the customer care of mail service, they drop the line, or leave you waiting on line for several minutes... and when they reply to you the all things they say is "we can do nothing, we don't know nothin"... I am waiting for a registered package from USA, sent the 11 of september, and nobody knows where is.

This is typical italian methods, nobody knows nothing....

Sorry to say this, I'm Italian, but in Italy the institutional service are out of control... so please when you have to delivery something to Italy, only choose private company as FED EX, UPS, DHL... they have special customs and in 4/5 days you can get your items... I have recently buy from a WUS member a Glycine Airman and in five days it will on my desk... my two g-shock sent from USA about three months ago, are now probably at the wrist of some low paid workers....

That's sad to hear Schirra as the prices hike up considerably when you start to go private shipping. I sent a package to Spain and normal shipping (USPS to whatever the federal spanish postal system is) was $40 USD. The very next tier above that (FedEx, UPS, etc.,) started at around $80 USD. <|

1 - 9 of 9 Posts