WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, a message to those who emailed over the last two years, saying that big ceramic cases could only be made in Europe (what they don't know is that the blanks come from S. Korea and Japan, ours is from S. Korea):

HA!

Now to business. This is a production case, not a sample. Here are the differences:

Hands, of course. We don't have them yet so I used a set from the LM-6

No engraving on the titanium case back

Date ring will be white on black. I'm surprised that the number fell in the correct place. This date ring is for the date at 3:00. I guess the geometry worked out. The font is for a rectangular opening. That's why it doesn't quite fit.

Movement is a high quality Asian 2824 in this watch. Production watches will be Swiss made, using the ETA 2824 or Sellita SW200.

Lume is C3 grade A. It glows very well. I don't have a black lume dial yet, but that will be the second option offered.

The price will be $799 for the first 90 days or so.

I really like the look. The case is thin enough that it will easily fit under a cuff, and I think the dial looks great.

Mitch

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sharp!

·
Registered
368 Posts
looks great! I think it's a classic design that could go well for sport or business attire!

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The black lume dial is for a stealth version of the watch.

The manual wind version will be released at the same time as the chrono, probably in the Spring. Don't believe anything you hear regarding deliveries, though.

Mitch

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow! Looking really nice. Hey Mitch, will the lume version be available at the same time of initial release? If not, how long for the lume version?

Can't wait!

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I keep pushing, but unfortunately the factories like customers who order 10k or more pieces at a time! We know the good factories from the bad ones, but so do the big guys.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
This design is becoming more appealing to me. I can't wait to see more photos. The next funds are allocated to the LM-5, but the itch for the next one is always there.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Superb Mitch :)

Any news on the Quartz big date version of this model?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Superb Mitch :)

Any news on the Quartz big date version of this model?
Unfortunately there will not be a quartz version for the first production run. We rejected too many cases because the finish was not applied correctly to the first group of cases that were ground and polished. This was a learning experience for the factory, too.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Turned out REALLY nice!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Illustrative as to how the wrong hands and date wheel can really hurt the overall appearance of a watch :think:

Case and dial look great Mitch, just like the mockups! Looking forward to seeing this one, it's been a while b-)

The LM-4 will be a great addition to the lineup and possibly the most interesting new addition in a while since it's sporty/dressing (but still hard-wearing due to the ceramic case). This is one where even I might consider stealth lume - I'm normally not a fan.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
This is looking fantastic Mitch! I cannot wait to see the final version with the correct hands.

Question, will the minute marks be lumed too or is it only the 5 minute indices?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Will this come with a bracelet or a strap?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts