WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just about to head off on a trip through Europe/China/Japan and hope to return with my very first Panerai, either the PAM 000 or 112.

I am from Australia and have been quoted $5800 for the PAM112 by the local AD - however, I am quite price sensitive and hope to pick one up for around $4-4.5k AUD during my travels.

With the strong AUD and the tax rebates on offer to travellers in Europe, I think this might be possible - what do you guys think? Any thoughts on where the best place to look might be? I know the VAT refund in the UK is 17.5% but the AD's in London are notoriously hard to move on price.

Also, anyone have any experience buying in China (Shanghai) or Japan?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post exact prices/models that I see on my trip (hopefully I haven't broken any rules in this post) - but I'll try to provide a general indication of prices throughout my travels (in case anyone else is interested). Eastern Europe might be interesting?

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated, even if you just post to tell me I'm dreaming of finding a good price and should just pay the offer here in Aus...

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Gday mate, and welcome to the forum. Plenty of places to buy Pams here in Tokyo. The Boutique should be your first stop. :-!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
With the AU$ at its current rate you're better off getting a Pam OS. Most of the pre-owned Panerai's I've seen here are usually AU$5k+ & that's for a 2yr old or older model. I have a few local sites I often check in my favs. Shoot me a PM if interested. Good luck with the search mate :-!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys - just thought I'd update those of you who are interested.

I am currently in Barcelona and managed to pick up a 112 from an AD here with a discount of about 17.5% of MSRP. Just a quick recap of the places I've been and watches I've seen.

First stop - KL, Malaysia - AD's here were rude and unhelpful. It might not have helped that I'm 23 and went in wearing shorts and a t-shirt. They brushed off my questions with one word answers and didn't have either the 112 or 0 anyway...

Next place I had time to track down an AD was in Vienna - here they were very helpful and willing to negotiate prices but were still quite sticky. I held off (thankfully) as I thought I could find a better deal elsewhere. I only saw the 112 here.

In Geneva they had everything. I found 2 dealers with a 0 in stock however prices were fixed (for me anyway).

Went out yesterday in Barcelona to visit the AD - after waiting about 15 minutes in the nicest watch shop I've ever seen (free champagne, coffee bar, chocolate) for someone who spoke english, I was given first-class treatment. They brought out an entire box of PAM's for me to view and were more than happy to answer all my questions etc. After settling on the 112 (they didn't have a 0 in stock) I was able to negotiate a deal quite quickly. Added bonus of not living in the EU is that you get the tax back, so I'll end up getting nearly 25% off MSRP - definitely worth thinking about if you live outside Europe. Overall I was very impressed with the shop (PM me if you would like further details).

I'm not sure why it was so easy to get such a good price - maybe the market has gone soft?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts