WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Just imagine the brushed steel ring with much of the painted black lettering rubbed off midway and towards the inner edge. That is what has happened to my SGW-200. No big deal, as I don't need to read them... but I'm tempted to take micromesh to it and just clean it all off.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I've got some hard water deposits on the inner edge of the mineral crystal, plus 1 dink on the surface of the crystal from impact of a flying stone. Got some scratches on the stainless steel bezel. Silver plastic bits around the steel bezel are now discolored (more of grey than silver). The printing "Water Resist 200M" on the 6 o'clock side band is now completely gone. Other than that, still looks pretty good! :)

Watch Wrist Fashion accessory Strap Hand

From reading your other posts, you probably have the one with the green tinted screen and black steel bezel. I also have that version, but it's not as beat up as the one above. I suspect the black on the bezel is painted on, so it may come off over time depending on how hard you use it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just imagine the brushed steel ring with much of the painted black lettering rubbed off midway and towards the inner edge. That is what has happened to my SGW-200. No big deal, as I don't need to read them... but I'm tempted to take micromesh to it and just clean it all off.
SGW-200 bezel is made different than the SGW-100 ... the 100 seems to have protective extruded guards.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Yes, there are plastic guards around it, but the steel is still exposed. If you're careful with it, there won't be much rubbing off of the lettering. But if you wear it frequently, it's likely to happen over time. Not to say it will be a lot... but again, it's all about how you wear the watch. Frankly, given the value I'd just go with an SGW-1000. I bought mine used in great shape for $32 USD.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Off Topic: ... I wish mine also had sunrise sunset. (can't be that hard to add it... its just software)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts