WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, have just bought a Flightdeck 50mm on E-bay. It´s supposed to be a very trusted seller and shouldn´t be a problem but i´m still worried. Have seen to many fakes floating around to just let it go. Below is the pictures from the sale. Any thing that you spot directly that I should be worried about? Hate it when you get that naging feeling that something maybe isn´t quite right. Haven´t recived the watch yet, will probably get it in the middle of next week.

$T2eC16J,!zEE9s3!(HecBQj8Y4cI5g~~60_3.jpg $(KGrHqZ,!gwFBJG6+VjyBQj8ZsCBQw~~60_3.jpg $(KGrHqR,!hQFBocch14jBQj8ZcpZ)g~~60_3.jpg $(KGrHqN,!iMF!zFerdI1BQj8,JsUiw~~60_3.jpg $(KGrHqF,!i8FBhN6VmNRBQj8Z7Tk+Q~~60_3.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Anders

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
looks all good to me. all etchings match up, ETA 7750 screw colorings are correct, font spacing is correct on the dial, which would not be possible with an Asian7750.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
OH NOOOO!!!!

Have you already paid for the item??? That doesn't look right at all!!!!!

the numbers are all sideways!!!

Congrats on the new pick up!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Feels a little bit better now. Just what I thought myself when I googled and read everything I could possible find but anyway. The thing that made me worried was that it seems like the warranty card doesen´t seem to be for this watch. The thing is that is´s from a american site, Fine Watches For Sale - Buy Modern Watches and Rare Vintage Watches - Rolex, Patek Philippe, Cartier, and they probably bought it from someone who bought it from a greymarket dealer and what I have been able to find out grey market dealers aren´t that picky with things like that. The watch has a serial, it seems legit. The box looks ok compared to those sold that are faked and so on. Seems like it is the genuine thing. (I pray for that anyway. ;) )

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I haven't seen any fakes yet that come with the correct packaging and the credit card. You should be in good shape. Congrats!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are actually able to buy the case and warranty card online so if someone wants to they can fake it quite well. I'm not to worried about thisone though, after further inspectionof the pictures and soon i realise that it is to 99% a genuine one. The case is nothing like the faked ones in quality and the eta is a genuine one and not the asian one. It just bothers me that the warranty card doesent match up but what I understand thats a common prolem with watches originated from the gray market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts