WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bid on and won an HMT from India, from a seller I have gotten some nice watches from in the past. What I ended up with was a ladies West End watch. I decided to.take a pic to send to the seller and was floored when I zoomed in on the bezel!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Never use Krylon for a dial repaint...

Reactions: Victor Cruz

·
Premium Member
7,946 Posts
What about the bezel?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
... What I ended up with was a ladies West End watch...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's actually a man's watch. I wouldn't in this instance be too disappointed by not receiving the watch you bid on - West End Watch Co. has quite a colourful history. Your watch probably has a Longines 10L movement inside, a high quality hand-finished movement.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's actually a man's watch. I wouldn't in this instance be too disappointed by not receiving the watch you bid on - West End Watch Co. has quite a colourful history. Your watch probably has a Longines 10L movement inside, a high quality hand-finished movement.
I agree with it being a mans watch, but it is probably a (badly painted) West End Watch Co dial on a HMT movement.

I think he means the minute-markers on the dial, not the bezel ...
I can't believe I missed that, was too busy looking at the bezel! A blind person could've done a better job than that.

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
Horrible redial but I don't see the bezel issue either. Show us the zoomed in shot. Regardless it shouldn't exist. As the Octoparrot said, "Polly shouldn't be."

octoparrot.jpg

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
Hm.

So...
Why would anyone waste money and time on c*** like this? I mean.. it's just plain awful. No ifs, buts or ands about it.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
OP was drunk when he placed a bid on a watch refurbished by a drunk. I like the "freehand"-painted minute markers tough, they give the watch "personality" ;-)

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hm.

So...
Why would anyone waste money and time on c*** like this? I mean.. it's just plain awful. No ifs, buts or ands about it.
Redials from India are crazy prevalent on eBay and the pics are just lacking in detail enough that you can't see how good or poor the work was. When I browse is d on eBay I exclude anything from India automatically (yes, I am probably missing some sweet used stuff as a result).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've come across those Mumbai Specials before, I won a Favre Leuba from a seller in India; but on further inspection I noticed that the movement inside was a mismatch from various watches. It was horrendous :/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts