WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 38mm Automatic is listed at $368 from Jomashop. While my authorized dealer agreed to a negotiated price, with tax (9.25% in IL) it still comes out to $120 more than Jomashop's listed price.

Advantage of AD is warranty and they will order this from Hamilton so it should be new and unworn in the original plastic; Jomashop is always a slight risk. However an extra $120 seems like a lot in this price range. Any opinions?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Re: Worth paying $100 more to buy a Khaki Field Automatic from Authorized Dealer?

With such a small difference, I would get it from the AD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Worth paying $100 more to buy a Khaki Field Automatic from Authorized Dealer?

I have purchased watches from Jomashop on 2 separate occasions. Both were to be given as gifts. These 2 transactions were flawless. The watches arrived quickly, in new condition, and with all of the original packaging in place. Despite this, I agree with CrazyCat...$100 for a 2 year manufacturer's warranty in case there is a defect is money well spent especially if you're planning to hang on to it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Jomashop is a good shop. You will not get the Factory Warranty, but a Jomashop 3rd party warranty. You will probably never use the warranty as that Khaki King is a bullet proof choice. I say save the $$$'s and go with Jomashop.......buy yourself a few nice straps for that new Khaki King.....lol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't like to disagree, but I feel I must. I believe the watch, which
is from a reputable manufacturer, will not have any warranty issues.
Jomashop has a 2 year warranty and you can return/exchange it if
there's a problem when you receive it.

The $120 savings will allow you to re-sell it at a much smaller loss if
you decide it's not the right choice for you at this time. Or you could
get it on the metal bracelet and have $80 left over to get a strap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The 38mm Automatic is listed at $368 from Jomashop. While my authorized dealer agreed to a negotiated price, with tax (9.25% in IL) it still comes out to $120 more than Jomashop's listed price.

Advantage of AD is warranty and they will order this from Hamilton so it should be new and unworn in the original plastic; Jomashop is always a slight risk. However an extra $120 seems like a lot in this price range. Any opinions?
I have purchased many watches from Jomashop over the years. No issues. Additionally, Hamilton is a very reliable brand. Put the $120 in your pocket and move on.

Reactions: Terry M.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
For $120? No, I would rather get it from an AD.

Just an FYI, Macy's is running a promotion of 25% off right now which would price the same watch at $431.25. Only a $63 difference and you're getting it from an Authorized Dealer with a manufacturer warranty.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought my Khaki from Jomashop and have had no issues. I’ve bought several watches from them over the years. Returned one with no issues. Had warranty service done by Jomashop on another with no issues. $120 is almost a third of the cost, it’s not worth it to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have bought a Hammy from Jomashop and it went very well. I don't see any issue since the watches are new and the brand is well known. Good Luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would pay full price and get it from the AD. What would 120 USD get you? A nice dinner with the missus? Besides buying from the AD would help building a relationship which later on could get you a discount.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ultimately, it’s up to you. I bought a manual wind Khaki last year from Jomashop. Perfect delivery and brand new, but I ran into some problems with the mainspring. I sent it off to SGUS in March, just as the pandemic was starting to hit.
A couple weeks ago, I received an email from SGUS stating it was being serviced under warranty. Of course, there was no warranty, but they did it anyway. For $120, I’d take the chance again. As always, the more expensive the watch and service, the greater the discount would need to be for me to take the risk. Watches with more common, well-known movements are less likely to need service, but one never knows.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts