WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this watch when traveling through Italy at a small jeweler. It has a swiss quartz chronograph movement. I saw some panerai "inspirations" in the case and dial design (the movement of course doesn't qualify for a comparison). I swapped the fugly SS bracelet for an after market distressed leather strap. I use it as my everyday beater. Would love to hear what others on this forum think.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I do net see any Panerai resemblance?
More like a Pilot/flieger design.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
No. No Panerai homage.

But it is a great looking combo.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
I am sorry but where is the Panerai resemblance. A fashion watch it is, typical chrono layout.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Could be the OP is picking up on the numeral font, particularly the 6 and the 9... For the general public, the most recognizable iteration of retro-ish case, black face, white numerals, and similar font is Panerai...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could be the OP is picking up on the numeral font, particularly the 6 and the 9... For the general public, the most recognizable iteration of retro-ish case, black face, white numerals, and similar font is Panerai...
Yes, it is the numeral font, the shape of the dial etc. I guess it is more prominent in person.

BTW, how many hours on this forum to graduate up from the "general public"? ;)

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
BTW, how many hours on this forum to graduate up from the "general public"? ;)
Not hours, but number of Posts.
Under 10 000 = Newbie.
Over 10 000 = Expert

Just so you know....

:-d ;-) !!

The font is the only thing that is vaguely Panerai like.
Dial? Most watches have a round dial.
Black? Many, many!
Case? Totally dissimilar, totally, 100%!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I do like the fact that the subdials do not interfere with the main function of the watch.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Not even close, get a real watch like Seiko 5 or Orient instead.
Why, are they more Panerai like in your opinion?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Apart from the numbers, I can't see the resemblance...

I wouldn't call it an hommage, but it's a good looking watch nonetheless. Wear it in good health

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
You could always get a Marina Militare, which is the closest you'd get to a Panerai-like watch without actually owning one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts