WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked how cool the Frogman looks without the bezel : http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=335417
(thread title : Vintage DW6300 Froggie turns steampunk! of T.Wong)
I was thinking : maybe the Gulfman could look great without the bezel... Also, the Gulfman has an inherent ring protection even without its bezel so it would still be quite shock proof.
I just wonder how it would look with the strap... or maybe then it would be more suited to replace the strap with a finer one.
Just wondering before maybe purchasing a Gulfman to do the experiment...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,172 Posts
I dont think that a naked Gulfman is a good idea. :think:

I fiddled around with my gulfman including remove bezel.
The buttons of the Gulfman are large plastic caps on a thin steel rod sticking into the housing.
If you remove the bezel, the caps are lingering 2mm above the housing, only in place because of the thin rods (but not guided agains turning).
The black plastic or titanium ring around the display is only sticky-taped to the housing, looking hideous on the usually invisible edges.. :roll:

But a better watch to wear "naked" is the DW-5025. b-)
Stainless steel housing and round buttons.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think that a naked Gulfman is a good idea. :think:

I fiddled around with my gulfman including remove bezel.
The buttons of the Gulfman are large plastic caps on a thin steel rod sticking into the housing.
If you remove the bezel, the caps are lingering 2mm above the housing, only in place because of the thin rods (but not guided agains turning).
The black plastic or titanium ring around the display is only sticky-taped to the housing, looking hideous on the usually invisible edges.. :roll:

But a better watch to wear "naked" is the DW-5025. b-)
Stainless steel housing and round buttons.
Yes I saw that the buttons may not be stable without case, but I didn't notice on the only pic I saw that the ring would be hideous... :(

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanx, in my opinion it looks nice... do you think it's possible to connect the strap with those big screws without the bezel on ?

Yes, I did a bezel change on my Gulfman and I can say that it's definitively possible.
But I would be concerned about the buttons safety.

Greets,

Matt

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe breaking the button caps could still enable the use of the buttons, without compromising the water resistance ?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I liked how cool the Frogman looks without the bezel : http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=335417
(thread title : Vintage DW6300 Froggie turns steampunk! of T.Wong)
I was thinking : maybe the Gulfman could look great without the bezel... Also, the Gulfman has an inherent ring protection even without its bezel so it would still be quite shock proof.
I just wonder how it would look with the strap... or maybe then it would be more suited to replace the strap with a finer one.
Just wondering before maybe purchasing a Gulfman to do the experiment...
Basically, only the Frogman can pull off the "naked" look because of its all-titanium case and round buttons.

Subject a Gulfman to the same treatment and it will only look ridiculous.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Basically, only the Frogman can pull off the "naked" look because of its all-titanium case and round buttons.

Subject a Gulfman to the same treatment and it will only look ridiculous.
Agreed! The Frogman looks good naked or dressed:)! Also the most macho-looking;-).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts