WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang-

I've done all the research. Would love to get a helson shark diver 40 with the new sapphire bezel! My only hang up is I'm worried it will be too small for my 7.25" wrist, though I hear it wears big. Normally I'd go with a 42-43 diameter, but I don't like the feel of a watch thickness above 13mm or so and the Helson 42 is well past that. As far as diameter, probably the smallest I'd wear is a Tissot Visodate, which is a 40 but likely has a much larger dial than the shark diver. I can't decide. What do you all think?

Might anyone with a similarly sized wrist have a picture?

Advice appreciated :).

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I would say yes also. It's chunky and heavy and has huge wrist presence, despite the more compact dimensions.

(my wrist size - 6.5" and I would say this is about as big as I could go. I imagine would be 100% perfect on a 7"-ish wrist)
DSCF1287.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
I have a 7.5" wrist and comfortably wear up to 44mm so it should be fine. Of course the lug to lug will make a huge difference as well.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I think that depends on if you prefer larger watches.

I have 7" wrists and went with a 42mm and it was exactly what I wanted as I tend to like larger 44mm watches. The 42mm feels more like a 44 when on wrist, due to the very straight flat lugs.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Would it fit a smaller wrist is a reasonable question.

The watch would fit larger wrists just fine. It will just look more like a dressy diver rather than a toolish one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks All! I pulled the trigger on a black dial SD 40mm. Hoping to wear it as an everyday dress diver with a little edge. Can't wait, and so glad the shipping times are reported to be amazing. If the size isn't immediately incongruous for me, I think this is gonna be a keeper.

Thanks again! :).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts