WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am planning on getting the bracelet for my pre-co-axial DeVille (sad that it doesn't get much attention these days with all the new DeVilles out but I still love this classic). It's on the furthest left in the pic. I'd love a rice bead bracelet or the standard bracelet, whatever it is, if anyone can chime in I'd much appreciate it.

This DeVille was purchased sometime 2000-2001 brand new at Frankfurt Airport and I had always meant to get the bracelet for it, I guess now is the time. Ofrei has it for sure but I don't have the case number for reference.
More info: DeVille Prestige Automatic, 37mm, Chronometer. This was on their website as late as this year before replacing it with all the co-ax models. This makes me thinking about getting a co-axed DeVille in the future but I'm not so sure...what do you guys think?

Any help would be appreciated.

Glimmer

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Hey Glim!

Don't buy a bracelet for that thing! Looks better on a strap anyway.
You gotta have a dress watch and they always look better on a strap.
The DeVille is a great dress watch.
jim
ps
I don't know the case number, just thought I'd comment

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hey Glim!

Jim,

You obviously are torturing me with your chrono DeVille. It makes mine looks a piece of tin. No lume, no "DeVille" font, no nothing. Why don't I just crush mine...o|

Honestly you're not the first person to give me that advice...i've asked about this before and many have said not to get a bracelet.

The reason I want a bracelet for this is because I think it will give the watch a "jewelled look", something like a men's bracelet that happens to have a watch on it (does that make any sense at all?). Also, my father had one in the 90's and I distinctly remember how nice it looked but he never liked watches so he gave it away to one of his poker buddies after I rejected it when he offered it to me (rebellion). I am still kicking myself.

Anyhow I thought I'd just spice it up a bit to give it more wrist time but thank you for the comments.

Glimmer

jim
ps

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Re: Hey Glim!

jim
ps
Jim...please don't show this watch! It is one I've always wanted to own!! The case alone is pure art. John Wilson.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts