WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am very sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I was hoping someone would be as kind as to help me with this problem-
I am looking for a watch like the Seiko sarb031. I just love that watch! It is perfect for smaller wrists like mine (6.5 inches), it looks really classy, but it's still very clean and understated. It is automatic, has a date view and is around 36mm diameter. It is also relatively thin.

So my only problem is that this watch is discontinued.. And my question to you is if you know of a watch like this. It does not have to be a Seiko. It could also be a little bigger (35-38mm).

Price : 100-400 (maybe 500) dollars.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Welcome! You're in the right place.

Something that's not an exact match but might be worth considering while there are still sales going on would be the Hamilton Thin-o-Matic 38mm. Hamilton Thin-O-Matic Automatic Silver Dial Mens Watch H38415581

Sticking with the Swiss, something in the Tissot Carson line might work (around 39mm, but still automatic and a closer design match.)

Going in the other direction price-wise are the Seiko 5's. They're not as slick and fancy as the SARB series, but you've got a wide variety of smaller options within the Seiko 5 lineup-- many in the 36-38mm range.

Here's one particularly inexpensive option: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIFHO0I

But I'd check out SEIKO 5 Finder - Searchable Seiko 5 Catalog and see if there's anything that appeals more.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Some of the usual suspects for you:

(Edit- just re-read your post- my first 2 suggestions are around the 40mm mark, but the Sarb is 38mm I believe)

Orient Bambino

Tissot Visodate

Seiko Sarb035

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@OvrSteer Thank you very much for helping! The Thin-O-Matic would be perfect for my wrist at 38mm! Unfortunately I cant afford it (got a pretty strict budget). But thanks a lot anyway!

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
@OvrSteerThank you very much for helping! The Thin-O-Matic would be perfect for my wrist at 38mm! Unfortunately I cant afford it (got a pretty strict budget). But thanks a lot anyway!
You can always donate blood plasma! ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@thelawnmoweroperator Thank you very much for responding! 40 mm is a little too big for my wrist I think. Although the Bambino looks really good! Sarb035 looks good also. But the Beijing Beihai T18 seems very interesting! Looks a little retro, but I kinda like it actually! Thanks a lot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts