WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going for pin money, and I find the dial and hands very striking

olma 1.JPG

The back is in a terrible state. I'm not bothered by the looks but am wondering what it would be like to wear.

Olma 3.JPG

The movement seems nicely shiny, and seller claims watch is working

olma2.JPG

Would I have any affordable options re doing something about the back of the case?

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
If you have metal allergies you might have a problem with etched thru plating. If not, you probably will not notice.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
With base metal watches I usually put it on NATO strap or bund, so your skin does not come in direct contact with the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,058 Posts
Having said that, it will probably exacerbate the problem since the strap will collect the sweat and corrode the case even more. Still, better to get some wear out of the watch that way than have it sit in the drawer, but if the wearer isn't allergic, it seems better to avoid a one-piece strap.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
That'd be one hell of a sweat to sink through two layers of NATO nylon for it to affect the caseback.

The caseback is already oxidized, and having sweat coming into direct contact with the caseback will cause the base metal to carbonate and creating a green layer, which will in turn be applied to your skin. Depending on the base metal material, it can be other colors as well.

I'd vote for a little separation. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Buy it and enjoy! If you fall in love with it getting a re-plate isn't outrageous either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts