WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Recently, I have started taking pics of watches, but without a macro lens, its proving to be a little difficult, so here are some that I took, touched up in lightroom. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i have like and dislike. so i wanna discuss it objectively and analytically

like;
1. i like the way you put that kind of watches in very fresh, energic, and colorful watches. the color vivid.
2. sharpness. i always like sharp pics. it creates confident and some gallantry in exposing pics.
3. details, you got your every single detail in your watch. it is not easy to make. you have to manage light and it's reflection to get precise detil.

dislike
1. the watch is too 'looking up'. it doesn't disturbing photography composition, but it does for eye pleasure..
2. maybe your photograph should be more '1/3 composition photography rule'. i guarantee your works will be more fantastic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

that's all from me. but you really making progress and i know you have learn much.

regards
Ryan

·
Editor
1,753 Posts

I love this one! Lighting and colours are great.

tip: If you set the time to 10:10, the watch will look much better ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
That Orient orange just screams.... Cool. I have the same setup but the band you have on your Monster I put on my Orange Mako..

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nikon D60 - nice camera ;)

A polarising filter will cut down some of the glare / reflections, but other than that very pleasing shots.

The orange Orient in particular is very sharp, but the slow shutter speed has given blur on the second hand. You've also cropped the edge off the bezel, although I don't mind that.

10 past 10 is the law though :D

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I like the Seiko on a red cloth, looks great:-!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts