• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sub 5000T Caribbean

As per Rick's request...a simple poll...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Sub 5000T Caribbean

It was the color I wanted to see on the Conquistador anyway. If they make it and it looks good, I might be tempted. I love the blue on the original Caribbean with the orange hand(s) and helmet logo.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for your response Smurfe, I was going to ask that if you (the GLOBAL "you", not you in particular) voted for "On The Fence" if you could post what would make or break your choice.

What do you mean by 750T vs. 1000T? The case size? The hands/helmet logo? I'm not trying to hound you, just trying to figure out what features would help influence your decision. Perhaps one of our Photoshop wizards (or DOXA, if they so desire) could do a mock-up of a 5000T using the 750T dial AND the SeaConqueror dial as templates?

I find that my Caribbean gets more wrist time than any other Doxa I own, and I'd love to get a 5000T in Caribbean Blue. I will, of course, settle for a Sharkie if Doxa doesn't make one :-d!!!

Here's hoping that enough folks will vote yes...

Jeremy

·
14,572 Posts

Thanks for your response Smurfe, I was going to ask that if you (the GLOBAL "you", not you in particular) voted for "On The Fence" if you could post what would make or break your choice.

What do you mean by 750T vs. 1000T? The case size? The hands/helmet logo? I'm not trying to hound you, just trying to figure out what features would help influence your decision. Perhaps one of our Photoshop wizards (or DOXA, if they so desire) could do a mock-up of a 5000T using the 750T dial AND the SeaConqueror dial as templates?

I find that my Caribbean gets more wrist time than any other Doxa I own, and I'd love to get a 5000T in Caribbean Blue. I will, of course, settle for a Sharkie if Doxa doesn't make one :-d!!!

Jeremy
I have to say, I am antsy for Doxa to make another logo watch as I love logos........They make a divewatch look very sporty.:-!:-!

·
Registered
752 Posts

I have to say, I am antsy for Doxa to make another logo watch as I love logos........They make a divewatch look very sporty.:-!:-!
Gotta hang w/ Jason on the logo.

Very impressed by the 5000T Pro & Sharky. I believe their updated modern looks will compete well with other brands under the AD's counter.

BUT..

For my dollar I'd like a little more "old school" character for the Carib. Gimme an Orange logo (..maybe an Orange minute hand also?) and I'm there in a heartbeat!

|>

·
Registered
920 Posts

Jeremy
I am sorry, I am referring to dial design. Orange hands and a logo. The Sub 750T Caribbean is the one model I am still looking for. I could not warm up to the Sub 1000T Caribbean. I still would love to see the Jenny logo used on the dial. :-!

BTW: Nice to see another NREMT-P WIS!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
hmmmm that seems promising- or maybe Im hoping wayyyyy tooo much but when the big guys say email them thats hopeful right?
Im with you Danny, J, etc- a helmet logo and orange hands YOU GOT ME!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm with ya on the Orange hand and Diver's Helmet, but I'd be willing to forgo those things for the added improvements in the 5000T...not that I wouldn't rather have it all!!! C'mon Rick, what do you say??? Would Doxa be willing to make a 5000T Caribbean with an Orange minute/Second hand, the Divers' Helmet logo AND all the 5000T improvements?!?!?

Smurfe, Do you work as a Medic? PM me...

Jeremy

·
Registered
361 Posts
OK I voted on the fence, as I was the guy who started the Seaconqueror Searambler poll.

I guess I would go for the Caribbean if there´s no hope that the Searambler will be built.

As I am more the oldschool guy I would love to see an orange minute and second hand, plus the script and the outer bezel numbers in orange.

The Seaconqueror is the watch with the more modernized chromed hands, so my thought is, if it would be possible to do chromed hands with an orange shimering for example that coud be something cool too.
In the custom car scene for example its possible to chrome parts with an colour effect.

If its not possible to colour the hands, I believe its still a decent good looking watch.
T& colorchrome might be a bit too "excentric" or stylish for the majority but maybe not.
Doxa is know for their colorful divewatches, why not bring a bit of colour to the flagship.

As mentioned before I would love to see the Searambler being made but as there´s pretty much response from the memebers on the Searambler thread but not a word from Doxa yet, I guess the Searambler is not really something planned for the near future.

If theres no possibility to get the Searambler made or made at a later point, I´ll guess I would go for the Caribbean and stick with it or switch it later for a Searambler.;-)

Thanks for asking & listening Doxa :-!

Regards Bernie

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'll be honest to say, with my small budget these days, I was excited at the thought of a Less Expensive Small Caribbean/Nymph/Seamaid/Sharkhunter/Coraline 500T or 200T Reissue but then realized you meant 5000T. :-(

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Brian if you want smaller, check the Doxa site. The SUB 1000T Caribbean is listed as in stock (has no one here gotten one of those yet?).

Bernie, don't give up quite so easily on the Searambler. There've been a couple polls, which may have missed the mark as being too broad. In one, a choice of models was listed. Results, 9 votes for a 750T (already made!), 27 votes for a 1000T, 34 votes for a T Graph, and 24 for a Super Sub. Note that 3 of these are above the threshold of 20 mentioned by Doxa!

Though I hate to see another Searambler poll, maybe one simple poll (yes/no) for one specific model (1000T, 5000T or T Graph), without specifying things like hand color, etc.... would prompt Doxa to build what the customer's want?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,
I voted for on the fence also, it would definitely depend on the color of the hands, I prefer the orange hands from the 750 also.

Chris

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
hmmmm that seems promising- or maybe Im hoping wayyyyy tooo much but when the big guys say email them thats hopeful right?
Im with you Danny, J, etc- a helmet logo and orange hands YOU GOT ME!
Alrighty then, I am thinking not so much anymore- looks like they arent building it according to DOXA posts- too bad but I suppose it is just one of the watches available to us eh?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I voted No. Right now the only Doxa I'll spend my hard earned pesos on is a 5000T Searambler with black chrome markers, minute and hour hands and a red second hand.

Joe

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Would you buy a SUB 5000t Caribbean

Alrighty then, I am thinking not so much anymore- looks like they arent building it according to DOXA posts- too bad but I suppose it is just one of the watches available to us eh?
I think they already made up their minds on this Seaconquerer thing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I dunno :think:. Not sure how blue would look on large dial? The only Caribbean I like is the 1000T version.

·
14,572 Posts
I dunno :think:. Not sure how blue would look on large dial? The only Caribbean I like is the 1000T version.
Same size as the 5000T, and I can assure you.........This is one of the best looking watches that I own.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
I think the blue of the Caribbean will look awesome with the polished hands and indicies! :-!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts