... A total new IWC Watch?

Imagine:

Steel Big Pilot
Perpetual Calendar (Calibre 51610) movement
Black dial with ORANGE numerals & ORANGE hands
Open case back
Side engraved: ONE OUT OF 250
Black alligator strap with ORANGE stitching and steel folding buckle
RRP: EU-citizens EUR 25.000,-- (including 19% VAT) & non-EU EUR 21.009,-- (tax free).

We know that some other IWC ADs have already made limited editions with a 51610 calibre in a big pilot case, but never in this configuration. And, we know that Sincere has produced an IW5004 in titanium with black dial and orange numerals... We loved both configurations :)

Do you too?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Would you buy...

Imagine:

Steel Big Pilot
Open case back
RRP: EU-citizens EUR 25.000,-- (including 19% VAT) & non-EU EUR 21.009,-- (tax free).

We know that some other IWC ADs have already made limited editions with a 51610 calibre in a big pilot case, but never in this configuration. And, we know that Sincere has produced an IW5004 in titanium with black dial and orange numerals... We loved both configurations :)

Do you too?
Hmmm, I might have to pass on that one as I'm not a fan of the orange. But I would love a smallsize PO with the 51610.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Would you buy...

Imagine:

Steel Big Pilot
Open case back

Do you too?
Yes, but I'd have to win the lottery first. I can picture this watch and I think it will look fantastic, but the pricing is way out of my range. I've posted this before: took me several years to save for an IWC and I'm afraid I will not add another one.

I like a bit of orange in a watch ..... my wife's Fortis Flieger is on an orange Nato, she has an Orient with a splash of orange on the dial and an orange strap and then there is Doxa

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Mockingbird: Thanks for the feedback. It is indeed a sporty watch and indeed, the PO is amazing ;)

@MHe225: Compliments to your wife, thanks for sharing. We all need to save up ;) And, BTW you both have a wonderful collection, very nice.

·
Registered
190 Posts
@Mockingbird: Thanks for the feedback. It is indeed a sporty watch and indeed, the PO is amazing ;)

@MHe225: Compliments to your wife, thanks for sharing. We all need to save up ;) And, BTW you both have a wonderful collection, very nice.
Hahaha when I wrote PO, I was thinking BP... But yes, I would also like a smallsize PO!

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
I think it's great that you guys are considering a custom piece, but I'm not a fan of the Big Pilot. If you guys could do something with the Aquatimer, then I have some suggestions that would make the AT even better.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I really like my BP 5004 in steel and even though I have seen the BP Perpetual in real life (I believe the Titanium version), I would not buy one myself. Sacrificing the soft iron inner case and installing a display back for me, removes the essence of the Pilots watch line.

I personally would rather see a (somewhat affordable) Portuguese Perpetual in a steel case :think:

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
323 Posts
Would you buy...

Imagine:

Steel Big Pilot
Open case back

Do you too?
Alon

What is it about the Dutch and orange! ;-)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Subkrawler: Please do share your AT wishes with us :)
@Cinq: I hear you... And on the Pilot heritage and a stainless steel Portuguese PC has been on many wish lists...
@Zambo: LOL! Did you see our Orange Tigers today in South Africa? Friday they have to conquer the Yellow Brasilian Tigers ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.