WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of trying to work a trade of my Tutima military chrono (USAF LE SS edition) with Lemania 5100 for a UTS chrono.

Values seem to be similar, although the watches are pretty different. Would you go for this trade? Or do you think it's foolish?

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm thinking of trying to work a trade of my Tutima military chrono (USAF LE SS edition) with Lemania 5100 for a UTS chrono.

Values seem to be similar, although the watches are pretty different. Would you go for this trade? Or do you think it's foolish?

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel,

is it Tutima issued to USAF?
I mean, is it reported the military nomenclature on caseback or is it simply reporting the USAF logo on dial?
If issued, I would not go for the UTS, otherwise... it is only a matter of your personal taste!!! Both are great chronos (even if I personally prefer the Tutima).
Present military issued watches could become very collectable in future and this could make their value increase.
Have you any scans??
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback

It's not an issued model, as far as I know. It is the last SS version of the watch, however, and has the USAF seal on the dial. Here's the scan:

I do like the Tutima, but I've always liked the UTS as well, and never handled one. Seems like a well-built watch, however.

Anyway, any other feedback is welcomed.

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Thanks for the feedback

It is really a beauty!!!
Congratulations and thanks for sharing....

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Re: Thanks for the feedback

I really like the UTS watches but not the chronograph so much.
I much prefer the clean, non sub-dials versions.
So if it were me, I'd keep the Tutima.

S

·
0 Posts
Well, as you may know I am especially interested what´s build in into a case. A Lemania 5100 should be part of every collection, it´s rough, it´s tough, it´s famous and is getting rare in the time to come. So I´d keep the Tutima but this would be a very personal decision. The UTS watches are wonderful so I know this will not be a simple decision. What ever your decision will be: You have to be happy with it (even after some month or years).

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not me...

I traded away a Tutima chrono and wasn't happy until I had a replacement.:gold

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay--thanks for the feedback. It was helpful. I do like the Tutima a lot, but you know how this sickness can be :) It's also very tool-like, and most people don't really understand what's so great about it.

I'm keeping it for now, but that doesn't mean it won't be on the block later...

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Both watches ( I own a UTS 1000M, and they are built like a tank)
are amazing, to bad you could not keep the Tutima and get the chrono too. The UTS is also limited edition 200 so it is rare.
Bill Bartlett had one for sale or trade a week back........( one heck of a guy to, I have bought from him before)
Regards
best of luck
Robert
Okay--thanks for the feedback. It was helpful. I do like the Tutima a lot, but you know how this sickness can be :) It's also very tool-like, and most people don't really understand what's so great about it.

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Both watches ( I own a UTS 1000M, and they are built like a tank)
are amazing, to bad you could not keep the Tutima and get the chrono too. The UTS is also limited edition 200 so it is rare.
Bill Bartlett had one for sale or trade a week back........( one heck of a guy to, I have bought from him before)
Regards
best of luck
Robert

I suspect this was the prospective trade, Bill's?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

Cheers,
Daniel
Remember the 5100 is out of production !

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi,

Tough one this i have experienced both watches and would if pushed go for the Tutima,the Lemania 5100 deserves a place in every collecton in my very humble opinion.

I personally found the UTS chrono out of all my UTS watches the least satisfying, again my opinion,the watch never felt right to tall,never sat right on the wrist???????

Good luck

Martin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts