WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to get the Pelagos LHD. I found a dealer who is selling me a brand new one, boxes, papers, etc. for $3,300 and that includes shipping. It's a smokin' great deal! There is a dealer in Germany who has #816. 816 is the Kansas City area code, which is where I'm from and live. I think it would be pretty cool to have 816. He wants $4900 for his, which is over retail. Retail is $4400 I believe. I'm not sure why his price is so high.

Would you pay $1600 more for a Pelagos with the serial number you want. Like your kids b day, the last 4 of your social, area code, etc. Or am I just plain stupid for even considering doing that?

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Personally, no, unless it was some crazy limited edition that would allow the price to appreciate (e.g. getting one of the Omega Bond watches with #0007/7007 or something) [and even if you never sell the piece, something like that would be VERY cool to own]

If I really wanted something special on the watch, that really only meant something to me/my family, I’d get it engraved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: vintageguy

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
There is a dealer in Germany who has #816. 816 is the Kansas City area code, which is where I'm from and live. I think it would be pretty cool to have 816. He wants $4900 for his, which is over retail. Retail is $4400 I believe. I'm not sure why his price is so high.
Maybe he thinks its a limited edition of 816 and the one he is selling is #816 out of 816

Just get the other one, great price

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've decided to get the Pelagos LHD. I found a dealer who is selling me a brand new one, boxes, papers, etc. for $3,300 and that includes shipping. It's a smokin' great deal! There is a dealer in Germany who has #816. 816 is the Kansas City area code, which is where I'm from and live. I think it would be pretty cool to have 816. He wants $4900 for his, which is over retail. Retail is $4400 I believe. I'm not sure why his price is so high.

Would you pay $1600 more for a Pelagos with the serial number you want. Like your kids b day, the last 4 of your social, area code, etc. Or am I just plain stupid for even considering doing that?
LMFAO I hope you aren’t serious

I’d tell the dealer to pound sand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
319 Posts
Whatever the serial number is on the other watch that is such a great deal- you may find a better association for that one. zip code? seriously 1600 bucks?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
USD 3300 is a great price for a new LHD!

No. I would not pay such a premium. I would however pay for an engraving should I need one.

You’ll forget about the number when you hold your new LHD :-!

LHD #4469 signing off.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Nope

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
If it bothers you and you're not the type that sells his watch after a while because you're bored (aka a flipper), then the premium is worth it in my opinion. You could also ask if they would discount it... worst that they can do is reply, "LOL NO"

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If it was a limited edition with a noticeably larger serial number, and xxx out of xxxx then maybe I would but for a teensy number laser engraved on the lug that I’d need a loupe to even read then nah.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
If it was a limited edition with a noticeably larger serial number, and xxx out of xxxx then maybe I would but for a teensy number laser engraved on the lug that I’d need a loupe to even read then nah.
Doesn't exactly require a loupe.

TudorPelagosLHD.001.jpeg

But no. Personally, I would not pay the premium. But if it makes you happy and you have the $$.... That said, $3300 is a smoking deal for a LHD. If appropriate, please list the dealer info.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Doesn't exactly require a loupe.

View attachment 13390063

But no. Personally, I would not pay the premium. But if it makes you happy and you have the $$.... That said, $3300 is a smoking deal for a LHD. If appropriate, please list the dealer info.
Ah - didn’t know they were like that on the LHD. The BB’s have a teensy number on the lug hence. But again if the 3 digit number has some more significance than just an area code then maybe. My old army number is referenced by its last 3 digits so in that case I might!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
800,000 other people live in that area code. It isn’t that personal of a number.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts