WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you pay more for your new Omega than full retail price? Of course not,but it seems that is exactly what a lot a people are doing by buying either direct or via Amazon from a company called Bodyings. Here is one example and unless Omega have slipped in a price increase without me knowing,Bodying show the retail price of a 3570.50 as £2009.99 and their sale price as £1959.90. That makes even their sale price £284.90 above Omegas full price,which is £1675. I read through the seller reviews and only one person realised he could have bought the watch cheaper from a UK AD rather than having his now overpriced watch shipped from Malaysia. Any of you dealt with Bodyings? I know i wouldnt.

·
Vendor
6,453 Posts
Would you pay more for your new Omega than full retail price? Of course not,but it seems that is exactly what a lot a people are doing by buying either direct or via Amazon from a company called Bodyings. Here is one example and unless Omega have slipped in a price increase without me knowing,Bodying show the retail price of a 3570.50 as £2009.99 and their sale price as £1959.90. That makes even their sale price £284.90 above Omegas full price,which is £1675. I read through the seller reviews and only one person realised he could have bought the watch cheaper from a UK AD rather than having his now overpriced watch shipped from Malaysia. Any of you dealt with Bodyings? I know i wouldnt.
I stumbled across Amazon a few days agao while googling for some watch or other and noticed the same think and thought it was just a typpo error...

How wrong was I, having taken another look today some of the prices are laughable

An Omega Schumacher Legend 3506.61.00 has a stated retail £3729.99 and with a massive 3% discount it can be yours for £3599.99 ( figures is not a strong point of Amazon or Bodying, rrp less 3% is actually 3618.09 )

This watch currently has a UK Retail of £2325.00, assuming you cant get any discount from an Omega AD in the country, which we know is not true, you would be paying £1274.99 over UK retail for the watch, almost 55% over RRP.

The story is repeated with all the other models I looked at, not sure about other watch brand but if Amazon & Bodying are selling watches they are making a tidy profit doing it.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
With all the information and resources of the internet at their disposal one can only hope these ppl. paying msrp + via the net aren't breeding.

·
Vendor
6,453 Posts
I only did the comparison between Amazon.co.uk and UK RRP, is it a similar scenario between Amazon.com and US MSRP ?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With all the information and resources of the internet at their disposal one can only hope these ppl. paying msrp + via the net aren't breeding.
I actually feel a bit sorry for those people who have bought Omega's through Amazon. An awfull lot of people buy from Amazon because its well respected,generally trouble free and cheap. I wonder if i should contact Amazon about Bodyings prices. I hate to see anyone being ripped off like that. I will certainly be adding to their seller reviews.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
You know guys, with all the info out there on the web, if someone overpays, its kinda they're own fault. I know that each and every one of you do your research before purchasing, some folks prefer AD for warranty and service issues, but I know you didn't pay over retail. Some bought grey market, didn't overpay either. What's to say these people can't do they're own diligent research. That being said, how about a new Daytona? Selling for eleven grand, four thousand over retail- I don't think so. New IWC ceramic dopple-three grand over retail. That's what burns my ass. I'd love to own both, but I ain't paying over what something retails at. Just because a company inflates its scarcity and value. Rant not even close to over, but I'm done. Thanks for listening. David

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to laugh at one of the reviews on said site. "Nicely boxed with ribbon plus Christmas card,with free hand warmer,good service". Well Whoopie Doo,at their prices they wont need hand warmers,i expect their hands are warm through rubbing them together watching all that money pour in,lol.

·
Vendor
6,453 Posts
I have to laugh at one of the reviews on said site. "Nicely boxed with ribbon plus Christmas card,with free hand warmer,good service". Well Whoopie Doo,at their prices they wont need hand warmers,i expect their hands are warm through rubbing them together watching all that money pour in,lol.
:-! Very funny !!! :-!

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
No

Manufactured scarcity, as in Rolex Daytona, is a ploy. I would pay
manufacturers retail but thats it. Same thing happened to my brother
at the big fancy Rolex AD in Augusta GA. David won't darken the
doors agian because of it. I don't blame him. Maybe he will tell
the little story.
jim

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Re: No

Manufactured scarcity, as in Rolex Daytona, is a ploy. I would pay
manufacturers retail but thats it. Same thing happened to my brother
at the big fancy Rolex AD in Augusta GA. David won't darken the
doors agian because of it. I don't blame him. Maybe he will tell
the little story.
jim
[GET'S POPCORN] ..... well, we're waiting Dave.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts

[GET'S POPCORN] ..... well, we're waiting Dave.
Bro has a nasty temper when fooled with. Being jerked around by a
bunch of so called Bigshots about pushed him over the edge.
He calls me on the phone, screaming about wanting to beat the guy half to death........really funny stuff. I thought he was gonna have a stroke.
Come on Dave. give it up.
jim

·
Banned
6,599 Posts

"Bro has a nasty temper when fooled with."

Gee, good thing there's no foolin' ever going on around here. - David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts

"Bro has a nasty temper when fooled with."

Gee, good thing there's no foolin' ever going on around here. - David
You know, its a good thing he never fools with anyone.
He is on the phone with me screaming how the bigshot Rolex
salesman beat him out of a Daytona and he is about to bust
a vessel over this guy. I can see it now.......
27 year veteran fireman choking the life out of a Rolex salesman
wannabe "bigshot". It took him 20 minutes to tell me how he was
going to kill him. Eyes bulging and tie askew.......told me after he
choked him to death, then he was going to shoot him in the face.
I was falling out of the chair it was so funny. It was hysterical.
Now does that sound like a guy that would mess with someone?
jim

·
Banned
4,738 Posts

Rolex Daytona huh? Good thing he is an Omega Speedy man now. We're a kinder, gentler breed. :) - David
Know what he has been doing all night? Getting mad all over agian.
He has seen the post and is stewing.
He goes to be early most nights so he will get a look at this, this morning.
I give him about 5 minutes to call me screaming agian. Have a great day Dave........hehe.
jim

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
OK guys...........................

I'm gonna tell the story, but, I've got to drive about four hours one way today. You know, to repair one of them fire pumps. I'll tell the story this evening. Thanks Jim, My blood pressure is rising as we speak! David

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I have yet to pay retail for any of my watches, and all were purchased via an AD. I certainly would not pay above suggested retail, in any event.

mike.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Here we go......................

Let me preface this story by saying that no names were changed to protect the innocent parties, cause there are none. Incident occurred one year ago at Windsor jewelers in Augusta Ga, between a sales person that I had previously purchased no less than four rolex watches from and the owner. They are the Rolex AD in town.
My wife and myself had been out doing a little last minute shopping for the holidays, bear in mind that my wife happens to be a wristwatch collector also, so we were discussing watches while riding.
I mentioned that I had seen some pics and read a review of the new GMT master with the ceramic bezel. She says, hey, ya think Windsor has one? Don't know dear. She says, lets swing by there and check'em out. Done deal, we're there. We walk in and see the same cat that sold us the four previous watches, being on a first name basis (we've met) he says hi and what can he do for us. We tell him what we would like to see, ain't got one. Ok. About thirty minutes of looking I ask, what are you folks gettin for a SS Daytona? Oh, we get retail. OK, whats retail? That would be 7500 Dave. Well, I wish you guys had one, I'd buy it now. Hang on Dave, goes and gets owner, owner says, we have a trade in, its a year old. Man, I'm fixin to be wearin a Daytona! Mr. Moose, we'll clean this watch up, and you wont know it from a new one. Price, my friend? Gets calculator out and starts punching the keys, after a few moments, 6400 dollars. SOLD! OK guys, when will you have it cleaned up? Tomorrow, after 12. Gentlemen, I'll be back after 12 tomorrow. I'll be there! Lots of hand shaking, Done deal, new Daytona owner!
The next day, two o'clock. Me and junior swing by Windsor to pick up my new Daytona. Having a little bit of a problem getting the sales guys attention, finally, HEY, how bout my watch? Mr. Moose, we had to sell that watch, we waited as long as we could, but, when you didn't come in we had to let it go, say F-in what?!!! We couldn't call you( I'm in the book) You sorry POS you miserable F-ing, sorry MF-ing C-sucker. About that time junior grabs me. Little Dave ain't so little, [email protected] tall. He needs to be that big, cause I'm a fixin to clear the building. As the PoPo was hauling me out, the sales person casually says, hey, we got nine grand for that watch.. This ain't over yet. Excuse me while I go fix me a drink, checked my BP, 190over120, not good. David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Re: Here we go......................

Nicely done Dave. Anybody want to deal with those guys? Didn't think so.
How much does everyone think that cost Winsor Jewelers? A ton.
jim

1 - 20 of 32 Posts