WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play tennis every day and I hate to put my Oris off my wrist (and take quartz watch). I'm afraid I can harm the mechanism inside. If I had one handed backhand then I would play tennis in my Oris, but I have two handed backhand so when I hit the ball from the left side I also use my non-dominant hand with watch. Is there any one who play tennis in his Oris? I heard that it's safe to play tennis in Rolex. Is it true?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I, too have a 2HBH. I had a Williams with a rubber strap fly off my wrist after a few backhands. Just recently, I smashed a fitness band on my left wrist after a wild swinging forehand on the run!

I would not recommend it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
No way. I'd be afraid of tripping or the like and damaging the watch on the ground...I'd get a Victorinox Inox or G. Shock for that sort of thing...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I actually prefer to wear a Casio or Timex digital watch when playing tennis. It's just a bit easier and lighter feeling. That said, I play golf with my mechanical watches and seems to be no problem.

Interestingly, Fed seems to only wear his Rolex when his receiving his trophy. While Stan the Man wears his AP while playing. Though of course Stan has probably the most gorgeous one handed backhand in the game so the watch never really gets much force.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts