WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me explain lets say you have two watches on your list that you wanted for a long time, Like I don't know lets say the Omega PO $ 3,550 and the Rolex Submariner $ 6,000. Now you know you can't have both but wanted the Rolex over the Omega, That being said you still like the Po over the submariner but with a little savings you could get the Rolex. ( Please I'm not comparing these two watches and I'm not saying one is better than the other.)

B

·
0 Posts
but wanted the Rolex over the Omega, That being said you still like the Po over the submariner
Sorry I do not understand what you are saying.

Save and buy the watch you want.

If I have to answer the question as written my answer is NO, why would anyone save money for something they do not want?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Your question is confusing, but if you are saying buy the first one because it is cheaper? My answer is yes since you want them both, buy what you can afford when you can afford it then start saving for the second. If you did not like them both then obviously just save longer for the more expensive one.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
what are you trying to say? Sorry bro but your not making sense. Your saving up hypothetically for a 3k and a 6k watch, and then you say you like the 6k on better, then say you like the 3k one over it. :-s

the answer is no, we all save up for watches we like. easy. :roll:

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well what I meant was lets say you saw two watches one cost $ 5,000 and the other cost $ 5,500, Both are dive watches and are both wr to 300m. But it all has to do with brand name.
I hope this is a better understanding.

B

·
0 Posts
Well what I meant was lets say you saw two watches one cost $ 5,000 and the other cost $ 5,500, Both are dive watches and are both wr to 300m. But it all has to do with brand name.
I hope this is a better understanding.
Actually for me it does not have to do with brand name.

With two watches that close in price I would be evaluating things like comfort, bracelet fit, longevity of the lume etc. Finally I would buy the one that felt and looked the best on my wrist.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what are you trying to say? Sorry bro but your not making sense. Your saving up hypothetically for a 3k and a 6k watch, and then you say you like the 6k on better, then say you like the 3k one over it. :-s

the answer is no, we all save up for watches we like. easy. :roll:

OK the Po cost $ 3,550 and the Rolex Submariner Cost $ 6,000. Now you really like both but can't afford to buy both of them. That being said you could buy the Po now and not worry about the Submariner or you could simple save up for the Sub even though it would take you another $2,450 to buy the Submariner would you buy the PO and save the extra cash or just save up for the Sub.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I still am confused.

Are you asking if I would save for a $6K Rolex over a $3K Omega even if I really don't like the Rolex, just because "it's a Rolex?" Still doesn't make sense.

I would never save up for a watch or anything else that I would not want. Find something you like and will wear/use and save for that. Who cares what name is on the dial or what others think. You are the one wearing it!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Im not sure I get it either. If you like the PO more, buy it. If you like the Rolex more, keep saving and buy it when youve got the money.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I think he's saying that, all things being equal, if you like both the PO and the Rolex, would you buy the cheaper one first or would you save up for the second, more expensive watch.

Of course that's kind of silly. If you like them both the same, you should buy the cheaper one, it's the only rational thing to do - IF you like them both at absolute parity. If, for some reason you like the Rolex a little more, if there's something about it that appeals to you over the PO, then you should save up for it.

If you're not sure which you like more, then you might as well save more money and think about it some more.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he's saying that, all things being equal, if you like both the PO and the Rolex, would you buy the cheaper one first or would you save up for the second, more expensive watch.

Of course that's kind of silly. If you like them both the same, you should buy the cheaper one, it's the only rational thing to do - IF you like them both at absolute parity. If, for some reason you like the Rolex a little more, if there's something about it that appeals to you over the PO, then you should save up for it.

If you're not sure which you like more, then you might as well save more money and think about it some more.
Finally someone gets my point. Yes you nailed it on the head well done.:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Well, there's 30 seconds I won't get back.

Damn the price tag, boy... Buy what you like and live with the decision. Don't bother me with your inane hypotheses and wishy-washy decision making!

Oh yeah, post some photos of the watch you decide on ;-)

Best,
Wallace

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Well, there's 30 seconds I won't get back.

Damn the price tag, boy... Buy what you like and live with the decision. Don't bother me with your inane hypotheses and wishy-washy decision making!

Oh yeah, post some photos of the watch you decide on ;-)

Best,
Wallace
I'm not looking to buy I just wanted some input on the matter.:thanks

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

I'm not looking to buy I just wanted some input on the matter.:thanks
Ahhh... Thanks for clarifying that (at least) :-s

Best,
Wallace

No hard feelings, I'm just having a little fun with you and the apparent confusion your original post has caused :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I save for what I want>>>>>

I just wait and get the funds together and pull the trigger. I always take my time. There are other watches I would like to have, but those will have to wait.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Ahhh... Thanks for clarifying that (at least) :-s

Best,
Wallace

No hard feelings, I'm just having a little fun with you and the apparent confusion your original post has caused :)
You know if there was an event in the Olympics for most confusing post I would win the Gold medal for shore LOL.:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
ahhh, so you have to choose between saving up another 2k for a different watch, or spend the 3k on another you like.

glad someone sorta cleared that up. :roll:

if you like the rollie (for example) more, then save up, DO NOT sell yourself short and buy a watch you only "sorta" like because you dont wanna save up the extra cash. ;-)

trust me, youll keep thinking "shoulda bought the rollie instead" whenever you look at the PO.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts