WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You don't hear many bad things about Oris, but I've never seen one that's really moved me. Until now, at least. Their upcoming Diver Sixty looks awesome! To me, it really looks like a diver from the 60's or 70's. The side profile looks just as good too. The dial is a little bold, sure, and the numbers aren't for everyone. I think they just reinforce that vintage look though. Only downside is the price seems a bit higher than it should be.

Pictures are from Fratello Watches...
OrisDiverSixty-Five-04.jpg
OrisDiverSixty-Five-02.jpg

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I've seen so many comments about this new watch and people absolutely hate it. They can't get past the way the numerals look. I personally don't see anything that comes close to warrant such disgust.

·
Banned
759 Posts
I've seen so many comments about this new watch and people absolutely hate it. They can't get past the way the numerals look. I personally don't see anything that comes close to warrant such disgust.
It makes it look like a fashion watch trying to pass like a diver watch. Like a diver FOSSIL.

100m? Haha.

I'm sure those fonts were cool decades ago when they released it, but we have moved on. The cars, our clothing, everything now looks different for a reason.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
It makes it look like a fashion watch trying to pass like a diver watch. Like a diver FOSSIL.

100m? Haha.

I'm sure those fonts were cool decades ago when they released it, but we have moved on. The cars, our clothing, everything now looks different for a reason.
Didn't know Fossil had it in them to produce such a vintage looking dive watch. Would love to see examples.

Yeah, I'm sure Longines, Omega, etc... are all having a hard time pushing all of their vintage inspired pieces.

100m is the current minimum standard for a dive watch to be considered as such. Even though you can't dive to the center of the Earth with it, it'll still dive.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Not good enough for all the F74 members regularly diving beyond 100 m. Fail, Oris!

Reactions: Seppia and clouser

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree, I think this looks great and would love to own one. It's on my list to be my first "premium" watch from a well known maker in the next year or so. Although a Pelagos is #1 on that list...

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
It does look good to me but not WOW!
I guess Oris had to jump on the retro bandwagon too.....not that I'm bashing the remakes/updates to a lot of brand's models but for some reason Oris would have been one of my last guesses of who would be next.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
It's pretty vintage cool imo

Reactions: CM HUNTER

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
is this crystal sapphire?
According to Fratello Watches that provided the pictures and did a review, yes the domed crystal is sapphire.

Reactions: Betterthere

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
regardless if you dive or not, a 100m rating is a huge turn off.

I have a feeling they intentionally made this rated at 100m to make it "look" or "feel" more like a vintage watch....

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
regardless if you dive or not, a 100m rating is a huge turn off.

I have a feeling they intentionally made this rated at 100m to make it "look" or "feel" more like a vintage watch....
Precisely. It's not like Oris doesn't know how to produce a deep dive watch or anything. Pretty obvious it was intentional to fit with what they were going for with this particular piece.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Precisely. It's not like Oris doesn't know how to produce a deep dive watch or anything. Pretty obvious it was intentional to fit with what they were going for with this particular piece.
At the same time a 200m rating would have fit the watch just fine.

I've got a 1967 O&W Diver that my father wore in Vietnam, it looks similar to the Oris and doesn't have a screwdown crown and its still rated at 200m....

I still don't get the 100m rating. Either way, the watch looks pretty cool imo.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
The more I look at it the more I like it & I could even live with the 100m rating but this is going to be an EXPENSIVE 100m watch & that I can't stomach.If it were priced around $500.00 I might consider it but I bet it will be well north of $1K.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
The more I look at it the more I like it & I could even live with the 100m rating but this is going to be an EXPENSIVE 100m watch & that I can't stomach.If it were priced around $500.00 I might consider it but I bet it will be well north of $1K.
What does water resistance have to do with price?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didnt see whether the crown is screw down or not. If it is, I'd have no issue with the 100m rating. I think the percentage of dive watches that are actually used for diving (past snorkeling) is pretty low. Except maybe in this fine forum. :)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yeah, pricing is expected at 1600 Euros, which I have to agree is too high. $700-900 would be more appropriate.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
$700 would be less than half of the micros posted here. A nice fantasy, but not bloody likely!

Reactions: BrentYYC
1 - 20 of 48 Posts