WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another beautiful old Open Surfing model DW 9500 that I picked up recently, turned up today and has just been through my cleaning and renovation programme. Actually it took very little effort as it's in terrific condition and needed just a basic strip down, clean, re-lubricating and battery replacement.

I've never read much about this module and was surprised to find that it's got the terrific current and recorded temperature facility together with a decent 24hr coundown timer as well as the standard stopwatch and variety of alarm settings. I like it! Looks like I'll be searching out other versions of this one too, has anybody got any other colours I could see? :-!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like NOS. terrific restoration !!!!
Cheers Mansrow it is in lovely condition! Here's the obligatory wrist shot showing what a nice warm day it is here today at 73.6 deg F. :-!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I didn't realise this model has temperature reading capabilities! Thanks for the info. Also another great restoration job and crisp clear photos to show it with. :-!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I didn't realise this model has temperature reading capabilities! Thanks for the info. Also another great restoration job and crisp clear photos to show it with. :-!
Yes, and of course, a little bit of his blue sweater ;-).

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Did you get that one from 'bay? Might have been from me...

Hard to get a good pic of it for me, but you restoration and pics are outstanding. :-!

I wish I could find one in blue or yellow o| although the green is quite sharp!

Neil

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you get that one from 'bay? Might have been from me...
Hard to get a good pic of it for me, but you restoration and pics are outstanding. :-!
I wish I could find one in blue or yellow o| although the green is quite sharp!
Neil

No, I got this one from a U.K. seller Neil. I've been sat here playing with the module and it's great watch, I really like it. Like you, I'd now like to get hold of some different colours.

Mind you I'm still trying to find other colours of these ones too. :think:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, and of course, a little bit of his blue sweater ;-).
It's o| a o| Guernsey !!!!!!!!! o|o|o|o| ..

:oops: ............ :-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
It's o| a o| Guernsey !!!!!!!!! o|o|o|o| ..

:oops: ............ :-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d
Looks like a Franken to me. Someones taken an old Jersey and sewn Guernsey sleeves onto it. OK for daily wear, though. ;-)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a Franken to me. Someones taken an old Jersey and sewn Guernsey sleeves onto it. OK for daily wear, though. ;-)
:think: ...... :-d:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
check here for the other colours, you have the model that i am missing! the most comfortable watch i own by far.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=73934
Great those Lee, now I know what to look out for ! It's a great module, I hadn't heard much about it till I found this one but I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open in future. Nice collection by the way :-!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 24 Posts