WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just received my X-Lander Military and I have to say having owned Cores, Observer, Positive face X-Lander I am loving this model!!

The negative display is one of the best I have seen, better than a recent Casio GW-7900 Negative display I owned. Strap is very comfy and the watch wears very light considering its size.
I umm'd and Ah'd about pulling the trigger on this for sometime but very glad i did!!

Recommended...|>

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Guys.

Biggest surprise is just how good this negative display is, always a contentious subject versus positive display but Suunto have done a great job with this one....

Off hiking on Sunday so will test out the Altimeter.

Happy New Year.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Yep, it's a good one. Tried and true as well with the proven "Vector" internals!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I have a regular X lander with negative display and the Military model is sweeter yet....Congrats!
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
4 Posts
The negative display is one of the best I have seen, better than a recent Casio GW-7900 Negative display I owned.
I'm trying to decide between these very two watches (or the GW-7900-1ER model with the positive display). As an owner of both, would you mind sharing how they compare as far as durability or anything else that stands out? I realize the feature set is different, but I want a daily wearer that is tough enough to withstand any sort of military-esque training—swimming, diving, hiking, running, mud, sand, etc. Basically, anything you'd be willing to share would be great! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
He's BACK! Where ya been Sonny! Great to see you again!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just got mine a few days ago. and also loving it. Switched from an all black Core, I have to say I am reaally happy with the results fo far and the feel of the watch.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
He's BACK! Where ya been Sonny! Great to see you again!
Oh just lurking about. I've done a lot of Motorcycling this year, enjoying my new bike. Thanks, it's good to see some familiar
"faces" on here. I've been trying to get in more here, and now with the temps about 12 degrees, it will probably happen, LOL.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep still really enjoying the watch. Used the Altimeter last week in the Brecon Beacons in Wales UK on a winter wonderland morning last week, altimeter was spot on and the one thing i like about the X-Lander / Vector over the Core is the Altimeter alarm for a certain altitude really handy when trying to find a summit in the fog or a path junction at a certain height etc....Not a problem last week though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts