WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my wandering days are over.b-) I just received a pre-loved Doxa 1200T Professional, and I have to say that it is, without doubt, the most beautiful, rugged, toolish, man watch I've ever seen. This watch has been my grail. It is now on my wrist and Doxa is ALL THAT.
I am now at peace. I don't feel compelled to hit the forums constantly. I'm now wearing my dream watch. My lifetime watch.
As Jim Carey would say: "I have ex-erciiiiiiiiised the demons!"
Seriously though, what a watch.
Regards,
Dan

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Tell us how you really feel and stop beating around the bush. :-d:-d

Where are the pictures? You know the rule - no pics = didn't happen.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Share the love, post pics.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I only have one so far. The lighting sucks. Few hairlines on the polished parts, so I, being a very anal WIS, have been working a few spots with the Cape Cod cloth. The watch really is in tremendous shape though. And I do like the 42mm size. I've been wearing the Helson Sharkmaster, so this is a nice change in size.
IMG_2373_1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Definitely a stunning watch! I have the 1000T variant, I've worn it every day for a full year now. I just can't take it off (except, coincidentally, today, when I forgot it at home!).

Seriously, though it is an incredible watch, and very unique. You won't see many of them on the street - and I get, on average a comment a month about it. One thing - the bezel does get scratches on it - they appear, and some won't go away. I find the watch actually looks a little better with some 'battle scars' on it - shows it's been used!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats and enjoy your new found piece/peace. My prediction: you'll be back! Lol.

Shhhhhh! Don't kill the Doxa buzz quite yet! Yeah, you're probably right. Who am I kidding!
Hahahaha!!!
Danno

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that outer bezel is sort of a scratch magnet, isn't it? I owned a Zeno SEL 300 orange and it has the same thing. I'm sort of kidding about being really anal. It's my M.O. to touch up any used watches I get. Kind of fun to tape off a little section and hit a polished area with the Cape Cod. It's a wonder how that works, but it does!
Dan

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that watch is not for me. enjoy it though if it means that much to you!!
Definitely not for everyone. I got away from orange-faced watches for quite awhile, selling my Seiko OM and a Zeno SEL 300. The reason I got this one is...well, it's a Doxa!

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
1 pic in bad lighting is much better than no pic at all.

Congrats and wear it in good health. That is very interesting looking case.

I wonder, can we have side shot on your wrist? I wonder how well it would sit on a wrist.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
1 pic in bad lighting is much better than no pic at all.

Congrats and wear it in good health. That is very interesting looking case.

I wonder, can we have side shot on your wrist? I wonder how well it would sit on a wrist.

Thanks.
From what I've read on here it really depends on a person's wrist shape. Some people find the 1000T uncomfortable on the wrist, others, such as myself love it, though.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Fantastic, when I buy myself a nice dive watch (second on the purchase list after a nice dress watch) that may well be the one I go for. It just oozes retro cool. Plus I'm a big Clive Cussler fan (shhhhh).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts