WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
The only thing I have seen close is How its made did at least 2 episodes on watches. One on Blancpain and one on Panerai (the Panerai one is in two parts) I am sure there are more shorts on youtube as well.

Reactions: Popoki Nui

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
^ Both are really good episodes. They kind of gloss over certain bits, but overall they're worth watching.

Er...no pun intended.

~Sherry.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is a fun 25 minute show from the UK in the 1980's called, "The Secret Life of Machines". In the episode below they deal with quartz watches (and also how LCD displays work), but a big chunk of the episode discusses the history of the mechanical clock and watch before quartz.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
^ Both are really good episodes. They kind of gloss over certain bits, but overall they're worth watching.

Er...no pun intended.

~Sherry.
Yes, they both left me wanting more and occasionally it gets a little dumbed down. I do like seeing the different levels of automation.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Just some more stuff if one is bored.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Is the documentary about George Daniels available anywhere? I saw it last year at QP Salon in London, hoping I could see it again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,226 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
IWC Watches on youtube has several interesting videos. There's a 'Man's Guide to Buying a Watch', 'Man's Guide to Haute Horlogie' etc.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts