WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what watch Sam Rockwell is wearing in the movie Moon?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is a real watch. I seem to recall seeing a digital face flash by on it somewhere in the movie.
I kinda liked the movie.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a sci-fi about a man working on a moon-based mining station alone and what happens to him.
It has clearly gotten inspiration to the good old space flicks like solaris, outland etc. I liked it but then again I like the actor too which I guess in this sort of movie is somewhat important.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I saw it in the theater. Me and and my buddy were the only ones in there. It was great because we could talk and make comments just like watching tv. I thought it was a good movie, once you get past the fact that they only had a small budget and couldn't make any of the effects like most movies today.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I liked the movie. SciFi movies always get a bad rap. It did have a few logic problems. Like why jam the signal--can't you just remotely turn the reception switch off? And didn't the conflicting instructions make HAL in the movie 2001 go nuts?

Anyone figure out the watch?

-T

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I found this picture of a watch that looks a lot like the one in the movie except that it seems to be smaller and does not have multiple pushers.
Anyway it could be the same manufacturer perhaps. Only problem is that it does not have any markings on it at all to identify by. It is from a site that sells straps.
Does anyone recognize it?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I watched it last night and wasn't really disapointed.
Wikipidied it and turns (that was the part that confused me) that Sam got there, finished his 3 year contract and left. All the other "Sams" have been clones of the guy -with a three year short life span-, they were disposed of by incineration (when they thought they were going to hybernate to return to earth). So when one of the clones calls the original Sam's home the other "Sam" that is there with Eve is the "original" Sam.
It is kinda of a sad movie really. reminded me of Solaris.

I paid attention to the watch and i would have to say that it is a prop.

Take care

RR

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow a lot of spoilers there. You might want to edit and hide some of that so you don't spoil the movie for anyone.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I was sitting at the hairdresser waiting for my turn and there was this old magazine on the table. Anyway I started browsing through it just biding my time and there it was in the middle of the magazine. This watch and the maker and all information I had been looking for.
So this watch above is from Rosendahl and designed by Fleming Bo Hansen. He also designed a some other similar watches:

I like the first one which is a bit bigger and has stopwatch, countdown and alarm functions. They are not the one from the movie but nice anyway so I thought I'd share.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
i actually liked the movie, thought it was very interesting and a cool story. Sorry, no help on the watch. :think:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
i actually liked the movie, thought it was very interesting and a cool story. Sorry, no help on the watch. :think:
What the hell are you talking about - I used to own that watch - no help - I didnt talk to the production designer, but it is definiteily that diesel watch. If not why do you say so - same buttons, same band and same band attachment....

No offense intended but IMHO - On visual inspection I have more things going for me saying that it IS INDEED that diesel watch I cited than you have that it IS NOT... PROOVE me wrong - find the real watch or evidence that it is not... :think:

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
What the hell are you talking about - I used to own that watch - no help - I didnt talk to the production designer, but it is definiteily that diesel watch. If not why do you say so - same buttons, same band and same band attachment....

No offense intended but IMHO - On visual inspection I have more things going for me saying that it IS INDEED that diesel watch I cited than you have that it IS NOT... PROOVE me wrong - find the real watch or evidence that it is not... :think:
Uh... Buddy, no offense, but I think you quoted wrong person.

·
Registered
31 Posts

No offense intended but IMHO - On visual inspection I have more things going for me saying that it IS INDEED that diesel watch I cited than you have that it IS NOT... PROVE me wrong - find the real watch or evidence that it is not... :-!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts