WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Drinking games from around the world

Sumbel (Nordic Countries)

Technically, sumbel was more of a drinking ritual than a game, but it featured heavily in Nordic tradition and was regarded as a good way to bond with those around you. There is a sumbel in Beowulf and in Heimskringla, the saga of Nordic kings. In essence, a sumbel is a social occasion where everyone would toast and take a drink before passing the cup to the next person. An authentic sumbel would feature mead drank from a horn.

Watch of the day is myDeep Blue SeaRam

·
Premium Member
14,576 Posts
I wait with anticipation for the post covering College Drinking games from the US. Namely Quarters, Beer Pong, and my favorite one called, I shall use the abbreviation, B.S.

Drinking games from around the world

Sumbel (Nordic Countries)

Technically, sumbel was more of a drinking ritual than a game, but it featured heavily in Nordic tradition and was regarded as a good way to bond with those around you. There is a sumbel in Beowulf and in Heimskringla, the saga of Nordic kings. In essence, a sumbel is a social occasion where everyone would toast and take a drink before passing the cup to the next person. An authentic sumbel would feature mead drank from a horn.

Watch of the day is myDeep Blue SeaRam

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Too busy to post yesterday, but I did find the time to pick up yet another package. This one from Chistopol, a Vostok 350501.
IMG_5538a.jpg
IMG_5540a.jpg

The original bezel is in that pile somewhere. Still not sure about the brass bezel, or maybe it's the bracelet. This may not be its final form.
IMG_5542a.jpg
IMG_5565a.jpg

I opened the package at night, and since I'm helpless to take photos without natural light, I neglected to get any shots of what it looked like before I molested it. It originally looked something like this:
k350501.jpg

No more new watches for me! At least through the weekend. And speaking of weekends, I hope yours is good.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Gig day watch, BM6400

BM6400table1_4.JPG

CitiBM64Miles1.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,576 Posts
Twas' the night before Saturday, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except me and my PC mouse. Alone in the office, upstairs by the bed, visions of everyone else's watches danced in my head.

Now Helson, now Breitling, now Lew and Huey, now Seiko, now Citizen, now Hamilton and Hublot..........

I need to turn off the ole' laptop and go watch t.v. now. I have no idea how that ^^^^^^popped into my head.:-d:-dIt must be because the kids have already started their Christmas list's and are adding multiple items daily. Kind of like our own wish list for watches. :-!

I guess I will post a picture tomorrow in this thread about tomorrow's watch.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Alpha Carbon USA on a Fossil band. Wear this one a lot now.

P1070384.jpg

Never can get the color quite right, but it is a striking combo.

P1070386.jpg

Thought for the day.

Bxf-yLdCEAIcRLs.jpg

Have a truly great day. Be kind, and don't forget to be kind to yourself.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts