Registered
1,789 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
'
Great pics again, guys!

It's been a very busy week, so no watch rotation again - just my 42mm 2500 PO & the 2503.52 Railmaster.

Prepapring to move home next week, have been taking a few bits & pieces over there manually as it's only a hundred yards or so along the tramline.

Transport company come next Wednesday, so busier days ahead for better half & I packing boxes
- when they finally deliver them :roll:

Quick phone snap from the living room window of the new place...

IMG_2107s.jpg

Enjoy your weekend!

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Oh, thank God. I could use a rest, Dan.

Started the week with the circa 1996 Oris Big Crown Small Seconds;

19th - Oris BCSS.jpg

Switched to the Sinn 103 St Sa Chrono on Wednesday;

22nd - Sinn 103.jpg

And then the Oris Artelier hand-wound yesterday;

23rd -Oris Art HW.JPG

And today, I went through three watches. Wore the WatchCo Seamaster 300 in to work;

24th - SM300.jpg

I put it on the TimeGrapher machine and it showed a very low amplitude and sluggish timekeeping. The watchmaker said he'd take it to a fellow watchmaker to have it serviced. I hadn't planned on being without the watch, but I figured it should get some attention. I got it ten years ago and it's never been serviced. So, I handed it over to him and then went down to the carpark to get my 'spare watch' out of the glove-box;

24th - Trident.jpg

It's a Trident Discovery, some [email protected]$$ed, put-together thing that I paid too much for off eBay about six years ago in a moment of weakness.

Got home from work and needed a drink and a real watch. In that order. Bought a new hat last weekend. It's an Akubra 'Hampton'. My other hats (fedoras) have 60mm brims, which can look a little large on me if I wear jackets that have a slimmer fit.
This one, with its 48mm brim, is more of a 'circa 1960' design. More JFK/ Don Draper/Blues Brothers rather than Indiana Jones/Humphrey Bogart.
Got home, made a drink, and slipped the 36.2mm Railmaster across my knuckles and onto my wrist.
Never put a hat down on its brim for long periods. Ruins the shape of it. But it looks better in the photo. The colour is 'Carbon Grey'.

24th - RM.jpg

This hat kept the rain off my head today, too. I bought a San Juan Stetson back in 1988 and barely wore it for twenty years. Back then, I also had a Burberry trench-coat (still have it) and I was a shy little thing and used to get called Inspector Gadget, Dick Tracy, mafioso, etc, whenever I wore these two items in the street. It wasn't 1940s L.A., after all. That got tiresome pretty quick. The hat spent more years in its box than on my head.

Then I hit 40. My hair had started going South the year before and I felt it was time to start wearing a hat again. Eighty percent for head warmth, twenty percent for old Hollywood cool.
A coffee jockey at a nearby cafe saw me walk in wearing hat and trench; You look like some old-school detective working on a case!, he exclaimed.
Yeah, that's right. A case of Jack Daniel's, I replied.

Last year, I was wearing my hat and a jacket (AND pants, obviously!) and walking back to the office on a crisp Winter's morning with a cup of coffee and three twenty-something ladies were walking towards me. I heard one of them say "Cosplay" and "1920s gangster" as they approached.
I resisted the urge to say to her; Why you dissin' me about my hat, Miss? I haven't said anything about your mustache.
Don't know what it is, but whenever I wear one, it brings out my '[email protected]$$y private detective' side.
Born fifty years too late.

Oh, right, a wristwatch forum.
Have a great weekend, all!

As you were.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Well Dan I took few pieces out of their dizzyness / winder this week while giving others a rest. Started the week on the titanium SMP 2231 :

followed by the Speedy 3592.50 :

Then it was the turn of the Railmaster 2503.52 :

followed by my Rolex Daydate 18239 :

and then today THE ONE that start it all back on 1995, my Rolex Sub 16610:

Happy weekend everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I've been rotating the following watches this week with my Speedy on the wrist today. Oh and the biggest news was we fed our daughter food for the first time and she loved her sweet potatos!

Have a great weekend!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,152 Posts

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
I started the week with my Master Calendar, then my PO and finished the week with my Bond GMT. I’ve spent over five hours today watching men in Orange hi-vis not cleaning or surveying a sewer (most of the time) - talk about unable to organise a party in a brewery!

0017474C-E1A9-4F67-81DD-D3D0C9CED49C.jpeg

Then to the office and pretty well starting the working day. Hey ho home now and a long weekend to look forward to.

Tino, I used to wear a Stetson too for many years (haven’t had that much hair since early 20’s), then no hat for quite a while other than a beanie or baseball cap, and recently invested in a trilby to see if I could wear a hat again. Still not convinced it doesn’t make me look like a pensioner.

HAGWE

Nigel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts