WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
EARLY START CCCP!!! LOL! Soooooooo, this again! Well, it is outside charging and ALMOST full... :-!

Furthermore, I have to keep bugging to go here The Watchuseek F71 Edition NATO Strap if you have yet to get your Limited Edition NATO Pre-Order in! :):p

Need to make about 25 more Pre-Orders so I feel a bit safer to move to the next WUS Custom Strap! b-)
IMG_0225.JPG

·
Registered
881 Posts
Good morning.

Probably one of the most "hated" Speedmaster...;-)
Yeah and I don't know why. I think it's a interesting and fun watch. I suspect it would be less hated if they hadn't called it a Speedmaster...

Reactions: CMTFR

·
Registered
881 Posts
I keep coming back to this.
It's been interesting getting used to the 38mm case. At first a bit of a shock, as most of my watches are 39-43mm. But there's something cool about having this design in the original 1969 case size, with all its visual complexity and beautifully finished detail.

DSCF1726.jpg DSCF1724.jpg

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This SKX031 is formally known as my "The Kindness of Strangers" watch. Here's why:

1) The hour and minute hands were given to me forum member CarloWUS. He'd used the exact same hands on one of his mods, and when I inquired about them, he said they were off a Seiko (the model escapes me) and dug out a set and sent them to me for free. The second hand came from Yobokies, but Carlo was the one who made me realize how good it could look on the SKX031. What makes all of this so completely wonderful is that I love the look of the hand set on the SKX031... and I'd installed no fewer than four different sets on this watch before Carlo's got the watch to where I wanted it to be.
2) Then, I got a PM from forum member Teddy Hanna asking for my address. I've bought a fair whack of Teddy's Seiko mods and custom straps, but had nothing on order with him. I PM'd him stating that fact and got a question about my wrist size in return. Then nothing... until a 22mm hand made leather strap showed up in the mail a couple of days ago. He didn't have a watch for it and decided to send it along to me free of charge. It think it's right up there with titties and beer, personally.

This is what I love about the internet and special interest forums. Chances are that if Carlo and Teddy actually knew me - what with my personality and disposition - they'd have not only passed on sending me the freebies, they'd have charged me double. And rightly so.

Oh yeah, case was bead-blasted 'high light' by Jay at MCWW. For money.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Speedy again: [HR][/HR] 20130218162055.jpg

1 - 20 of 85 Posts