4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
_DSC1729-border.jpg
_DSC1737-border.jpg
Brera Eterno Chrono BRET3C4302

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
It's St. Patrick's Day and my great-great grandfather was born in Dublin, so I'm wearing the green today. My new dressy Citizen with green accents. A large but thin and classy look.

IMG_20170316_141920.jpg

On the green crocodile band my daughter-in-law sent with it. It is bright and I may look to tone it down a bit later, but for St. Patrick's day, it is perfect.

IMG_20170316_141912.jpg

My great-great grandfather, William Wiggins, was in prison in Ireland for not paying his debts and was sent to America as punishment. I've tried to continue his tradition and fled to Africa leaving my debts behind, but I've got this nice watch.

IMG_20170316_141845.jpg

My son is also going a bit green. When he puts a solar project in a rural village, the light is green--and bright.

eight19-thatchedroof3.jpg IMG_20150627_094104.jpg

Have a fabulous Friday and may the road rise to meet your feet this day. Be kind and don't pinch those not wearing the green.

·
Banned
3,400 Posts
Wearing this right not but I'm going to keep wearing this lovely piece that I won from one of our members, Emil Kraeplin.
It's the only Chinese watch brand I own and it's a good looking mechanical piece.
Again, thank you for being so generous Emil. It's an honor to wear this tomorrow.

Shanghai

Generosity, it's good stuff.
Have a fantastic Friday and weekend everyone.
b-)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Was supposed to "reply with quote" Askofu.

I like the new watch. Not only is it good looking, its an Eco-Drive. I've got one of them, and I'd happily get another, they're great grab-and-go watches.
The green straps suits in a fun way, but I hear you, when you say you might tone it down. But then as we all know half the fun is in swapping straps, and occasionally pushing the boat out, as it were, with a particularly colourful strap.
I like the green accents in the watch, and as you say when paired with a more neutral colour, will look smashing.

I like your story about your great grandfather. Its nice to know where you come from. I come from a long line of priests, (my father's side). My great grandfather was Dean of Ely Cathedral. My mothers lot come from Ballarat in Australia.
Sounds like you have your son nearby too. That must be really wonderful.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I BETTER wear green! It's St. Patrick's Day here in Savannah. It's a holiday for schools--for just about everyone here. They anticipate a half million people to descend upon our fair city, population 'normally' a bit under 137,000. Just the parade alone is consistently the second biggest St Patrick's day parade in the entire USA. We already get about 14 million tourist a year, but this next three days will be one big party!

Half a million visitors expected for Savannah St. Patrick’s Day | SavannahNow
Deepblue St Pats.jpg

1 - 20 of 109 Posts