1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Came in today: 1970 Omega F300 Constellation Chronometer, tuning fork watch, model 198.002, movement cal. 1250.

On the back it shows the symbol of Omega’s Constellation line, the cupola of the Geneva Observatory. It’s a symbol for Omega’s great chronometric achievements, surpassing the precision record in 1951, previously also held by Omega and in particular the famous 1931 ‘clean sweep’ at the same place, when Omega set new records in precision in all categories, now all represented by the eight stars in the sky.

I was a bit worried about the acrylic crystal until I learned that they indeed came this way with the original watches. Omega calls it ‘hesalite’ and what I also did not know so far: It has a discreet laser engraving, the Omega sign, in the middle of the crystal, almost invisible for the blank eye.

Of course the ideal occasion again to set up my ‘testing facility’: 300 Hertz – what else!

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Obviously I can't wear this one because it doesn't match my work boots but I thought I would add a ladies watch to the mix. This is a 1942 Bulova Duchess. It's 14k with 8 diamonds and a 5AB 17 jewel movement. It's the latest addition to the collection.

1942BulovaDuchess-01June2016.jpg

I'm borrowing an ad from Bobbee. He'll probably sue me.

1946DuchessAd.jpg

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Obviously I can't wear this one because it doesn't match my work boots but I thought I would add a ladies watch to the mix. This is a 1942 Bulova Duchess. It's 14k with 8 diamonds and a 5AB 17 jewel movement. It's the latest addition to the collection.

View attachment 8299466
Good decision, otherwise you would have to change your nice avatar....
I also have my eyes at those vintage ladies watches, especially as they tend to come at more attractive prices and I agree, they make a nice addition to the mix of a collection, especially something gorgeous like the watch you have here.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 386 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.