·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
1934 WALTHAM on this sunny Sunday, model L-7.25, 21mm x 32mm, this was a men's watch in those days. Small is beautiful and a square case, to clearly distinguish the timepieces from the pocket watches and to show the new art of watchmaking. Marked inside: 'Keystone, J.Boss, 10K gold filled. Still runs down the full power reserve and precise enough for daily wear. Not so sure about the dial, but that was all hand-painted at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,528 Posts

May has gone, which means the hour hand on this has gone round another 62 times, I look forward to watching it go around another 60 in June.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
This for most of the day...
c3PMaow.jpg

And this for the evening:
dTfWYKm.jpg

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
410 Posts

Deeply apologizing with a Gallet chronograph, just back from Tokyo’s most adorable watchmaker. It’s always an adventure picking up something I left with him, not knowing whether he’s going to charge $18 or $350 to replace a broken mainspring. At any rate, it’s nice to have this money pit back on my wrist

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Yesterday, I had shown my 1934 Bulova on 'this sunny Sunday', not realizing it was Saturday – that’s what they call retirement…

Anyway, we have another very sunny and rather humid day. Temperatures will be in the lower 30s Celsius first time this year (higher 80s Fahrenheit), so this nice and very clean 1967 (M7) Bulova Accutron tuning fork watch with movement Bulova cal. 2180, will stay in the house when I go out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Kurfürst - translated from german -> elector. Whatever that means :D

Fürst in German means 'prince'. The Kurfürst (Latin: princeps elector imperii, or in short just elector) - Kur/küren = election/electing, belongs to the originally seven, later nine and then ten highest ranking princes (a special prince so to speak) of the Holy Roman Empire of German Nation, which had the right and privilege to elect the Roman-German King or Emperor, who then automatically had the right to the crowning by the Pope.

There is also a German title 'Prinz' = prince, who is the successor to the throne.

The watches of that rather short lived company are not so bad, but the brand name is a typical example of the many hot-air names you find on watches, more alluring to non German speaking people, who are attracted by words like Zeppelin or Kaiserschmarrn. It’s however non of these Chinese watches who are also using similar designations.

They made a nice chronograph in the 1970s with a Valjoux 7765 movement.

1 - 20 of 244 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.