WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
1950s ROAMER today in absolute top condition, optically and technically. Movement MST (Roamer) cal. 372.

The watch can easily be dated, as the Roamer logo with the spikes on top was only used between the beginning of the 1950s and 1957/58. Rolex had complained that it looks like a crown and too similar to their own logo. The movement itself was produced between 1944 and 1962.

Taking the movement out is something only for the very brave. You have to push the crystal and everything behind through the back. It's best to start at the edges of the crystal - carefully but nevertheless forcefully …

... I better leave that to my watchmaker in case of need.

Watch Brown Analog watch Product Clock

·
Registered
951 Posts
Watch Analog watch Clock Gauge Font

Watch Analog watch Photograph Clock Watch accessory

Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Wood Font

Removing the movement is not actually that difficult and, imo, should be done at home from time to time to keep it free from corrosion and consequent binding in the case.
Once the movement is out, then the fun begins. The movement has a split stem to facilitate the removal through the front and this is where a degree of certainty is needed because not everyone will be happy applying the amount of force you need to dislocate the stem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1950s ROAMER today in absolute top condition, optically and technically. Movement MST (Roamer) cal. 372.

The watch can easily be dated, as the Roamer logo with the spikes on top was only used between the beginning of the 1950s and 1957/58. Rolex had complained that it looks like a crown and too similar to their own logo. The movement itself was produced between 1944 and 1962.

Taking the movement out is something only for the very brave. You have to push the crystal and everything behind through the back. It's best to start at the edges of the crystal - carefully but nevertheless forcefully …

... I better leave that to my watchmaker in case of need.
That’s a real stunner you’ve got there! Looks as fresh as the day it was made and hard to believe it’s from the 50’s, you’ve got a real gem there.

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Watch accessory

Decided to wear mine today, admittedly in nowhere near as good condition as yours though.

I wouldn’t quite say taking the movement out is only for the brave though. They say it’s difficult to distinguish between bravery and stupidity and can say in my case it was most definitely the latter.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.