WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
It’s Craptastic Tuesday! I have a Chinese “Swiss Movement” GMT called the J. Brackett “Greenwich.” Cost me all of $50… probably overpaid, but it’s actually rather nice, considering…

(Edit) Oh, and the lume on this bad boy? Lasts a WHOLE 10 MINUTES!

(Another Edit) And the second hand? It lines up with NO second marker... Like NONE of them... it's about 1° off... and it's driving me nuts! (not really. for $50 it can be off alignment).
Watch Hand Personal computer Arm Computer

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hope everyone’s day is starting off as great as mine just did with all the fantastic Toodahs!!! I have been inspired to contribute! Yes, it’s still the 2nd here, the date is correct.
Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Rectangle

photogenic thing isn’t she 😍🥰. Just wish I had photography skills😜

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hump Day has rolled around again, which means that I'll have to drag my bones into PHQ for the day :cool:

An indoors shot (previously taken) to kick off proceedings as the sun's not out just yet and I'm not fully awake either.

I'll put on my Alpinist to get the positive energy flowing.....

WRUW?

Alpinist says Hi!
I know I am wearing the same watch a lot these days, but I am ringing the changes on the straps!
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

The 6L35 movement is unusual in a few ways - unusual because not many were produced by Seiko, and unusual in that the technology travelled from Japan to Switzerland, where the design is closely reproduced - under license it is commonly believed - by Soprod as their Cal. SOP A10-2, (also latterly designated Cal. M100, I have read).
It is a competitor with, and not a clone of, the ETA 2892A2, having similar dimensions, but different design.
Festina acquired the Swiss mechanical bits of Soprod after the quartz production side was bought by a Hong Kong outfit.

Mine is really accurate out of the box - I have heard that is unusual for Seiko too!

21 - 40 of 309 Posts