WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
That character is pronounced as "wu" in chinese, which means the number "5"....indicating its Friday.
Japanese and Chinese shares the same character.
Pronunciation wise in Japanese, I am not too sure.

How then, do you know if you are on the right day of the week?
I humbly stand corrected, now that you mention it I'm thinking of the Ma Jong I play on the computer & yes there is a tile with that exact character.
When I'm changing the day, when you get to Friday that character follows, Sunday is in Red & Monday is symbolized with a straight single line.
Well that's how I've been setting it up .Hope that's right ?

·
Registered
Pam 560, Pam 25F, Pam 220, Rolex DJ 116234 36mm White M.O.P Diamond
28 Posts
I humbly stand corrected, now that you mention it I'm thinking of the Ma Jong I play on the computer & yes there is a tile with that exact character.
When I'm changing the day, when you get to Friday that character follows, Sunday is in Red & Monday is symbolized with a straight single line.
ok that makes sense, if you are able to take reference from Mah Jong and on Sunday, which is in Red.
Good man! LOL

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Flieger Friday with the Alpina Startimer Automatic Pilot.

The white matte dial with the beautiful applied numerals; the details at 12 - the inverted triangle red marker at 12 and the triangle of the Alpina logo centering on the horizontal 12 index; the shape-matched seconds hand counterbalance as a red triangle; all come together for a neat, versatile, and desirable watch.

I changed the strap from the flat profile textured one featured previously to this taupe weathered look strap.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Flieger Friday with the Alpina Startimer Automatic Pilot.

The white matte dial with the beautiful applied numerals; the details at 12 - the inverted triangle red marker at 12 and the triangle of the Alpina logo centering on the horizontal 12 index; the shape-matched seconds hand counterbalance as a red triangle; all come together for a neat, versatile, and desirable watch.

I changed the strap from the flat profile textured one featured previously to this taupe weathered look strap.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Sensational watch, Nagaraj 👌

·
Registered
221 Posts
That character is pronounced "wu" in chinese, which means the number "5"....indicating its Friday.
Japanese and Chinese shares the same character.
Pronunciation wise in Japanese, I am not too sure.

How then, do you know if you are on the right day of the week?
ok that makes sense, if you are able to take reference from Mah Jong and on Sunday, which is in Red.
Good man! LOL
That Kanji pronounced " Go" in Japanese. Reference 5 as the fifth day of the week is correct. Though the Japanese picked Kanji from Chinese, the pronunciation is different and in many cases, the usage of them too making a whole different meaning.

61 - 80 of 251 Posts