WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

## WRUW on Friday 17 March 2023? ## TGIF Edition !

11K views 379 replies 223 participants last post by  50sbubbleback 
#1 ·
Good Morning Watch Fans everywhere !

We've made it through our working week, well, almost :cool:

I'm thankful to the Man above for guiding me safely through another week of hell on earth.

Let's kick off Friday's Shenanigans, shall we?

I'll start off with my 1960 T-Bird.

WRUW?

See less See more
#22 ·
Grand Seiko comes up with wonderful inspirations for their dials like trees and ice and water. Eterna comes up with . . . an old hankerchief?

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Font

#25 · (Edited)
I am a fan of RGM Watch Co. in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. About 16 months ago I ordered an 801-CE (classic enamel), and was told the build time would be 12-15 months. This was OK with me since it is an entirely in-house, hand made watch. It actually took over 16 months, but Roland at RGM kept me up to date on the progress along the way.

The watch has the in-house RGM 801 hand wound movement. It is designed with elements of the classic American railroad watches of yesteryear. It is highly polished and winds with an audible click. The dial is double sunk glass that is entirely hand enameled. It is truly a work of art. It has blued steel Breguet hands.

I am now wearing the watch, and I am happy to support this kind of American craftsmanship. It has been about 60 years since the Hamilton Watch Co. was bought by a Swiss Co. and moved from Lancaster to Switzerland so they could use Swiss movements in the watches of this venerable American Co. The beautiful old red brick Hamilton factory is now just a historic landmark in Lancaster. Roland Murphy and his RGM team are bringing some of the old craft back to Lancaster.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Hand Watch Belt buckle Gesture Finger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.