WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Watching Jory’s 3-way Boldr review and keeping my serviced Timex on to see if the hands get stuck again. All good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lots of timex here today! where are the hands hanging up? over near the 3? and which hand or hands are catching up?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
For whatever reason, I've become less enamored with this Citizen ProMaster so I decided to switch it up with this no-name bracelet.

The end links are hollow and not a perfect match but it's not a bad look.

I'm other news, the Citizen from yesterday may have to remain on the Scurfa rubber as I am unable to get it off. Darn fat Scurfa spring bars!

In other other news, inspired by a buddy of mine, I am seeking a Swatch for $19 or less, shipped. There are plenty of candidates on eBay but I haven't found The One yet. Though to me, the hunt is half the fun.

Enjoy your Saturday!

·
Registered
621 Posts
lots of timex here today! where are the hands hanging up? over near the 3? and which hand or hands are catching up?
The seconds hand was getting caught up on the minutes hand, typically in the lower left quadrant of the dial.

This is how it came out of the package from re-service).

Because of the acrylic crystal, I had to pop the guts out to get a photo of where they hit.

It hasn’t stopped while wearing it yet, and he didn’t actually do anything to it, so I’m assuming it got knocked around just enough getting shipped there and back that it gained a bit of clearance.

It was wound down when it arrived here, so it may always stop with those hands together when it runs out of juice, but as long as it doesn’t stop on the wrist, that’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think it is best value watch ever. For under $50 you get stainless steel case, screw down crown and unidirectional bezel. Accuracy is typical for Miyota quartz - around 10 sec/ month. The only negative - the case size. I would be much happier with 40-42mm case.

What do you think of that Duro? How's the accuracy seem on it? I almost bought one a little while ago when I saw it for around $45, but I missed my chance at the time. And now I am strongly considering it again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My blue Casio Duro MDV-106B-2ATN. I love the sunburst on the dial and today is the first sun we've had all week! Casio MDV-106B-2ATN outside.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think it is best value watch ever. For under $50 you get stainless steel case, screw down crown and unidirectional bezel. Accuracy is typical for Miyota quartz - around 10 sec/ month. The only negative - the case size. I would be much happier with 40-42mm case.
I'll second that, CndRkMt. I'm OK with the size as most of my other watches are 42-44mm. Though it does look at little big on my 6.5" wrist. Doesn't feel big though, maybe because of the curved lugs.

Based on a ton of positive reviews, I picked up the black one like yours and the blue one, both on clearance at Walmart a couple of weeks ago. $13 US for the black 106-1AVTN and $35 for the blue 106B-2ATN.

Reactions: rxmar23 and CndRkMt
61 - 80 of 91 Posts