WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Did you know that split-reset and adjust button do the same thing in stopwatch mode View attachment 15560990
On later 5-button G-Shocks the upper right button is used for split/reset, which is much more convenient. Unfortunately Casio hadn't figured this out yet with the DW-6900. Also, with the DW-6900 it's not possible to decrease values when setting the time, the countdown timer or the alarm, while this is possible with more modern 5-button G-Shocks like the GW-6900.

Edit: My statement about the split/reset button is incorrect. As Slac89 points out, both the split/reset and adjust button do the same thing in the stopwatch. This is probably a carry over from the DW-5600 using the adjust button for split/reset.

I believe the settings only allowing increasing values is correct. Also a carry over from the DW-5600, but an unnecessary one when there are five buttons.

·
Registered
240 Posts
On later 5-button G-Shocks the upper right button is used for split/reset, which is much more convenient. Unfortunately Casio hadn't figured this out yet with the DW-6900. Also, with the DW-6900 it's not possible to decrease values when setting the time, the countdown timer or the alarm, while this is possible with more modern 5-button G-Shocks like the GW-6900.
Tell me more...

4 All.

·
Registered
578 Posts
On dw6900 the upper right button is used for split/reset, but also the upper left is used for the same thing. I thought adjust button would be lap timing for stopwatch, but it just split/reset like the upper right one.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
On dw6900 the upper right button is used for split/reset, but also the upper left is used for the same thing. I thought adjust button would be lap timing for stopwatch, but it just split/reset like the upper right one.
Yes, you're correct. I have edited my post above. It's the settings only allowing increasing values (not allowing decreasing values) that's odd with the 5-button interface of the DW-6900, and later corrected with the GW-6900 and others.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts