WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early day for me so hope no one minds...I’ll be wearing my fairly new Seagull M172s from the early morning on. I love the dial on this piece…texture always adds a bit of complexity and class to a face in my opinion. Retrograde date flips back very smoothly and quickly; fly-wheel has no purpose, but looks good in motion regardless; power reserve is a great function on a hand wind. Swapped out the brown strap for a darker blue gator…not sure which one I like better yet.

Seagull8.jpg
Seagull9.JPG

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
My Cultural Horizons project is not just high-brow meandering, it is also about bringing people together and what better way to do that than to take have a party? After six weeks of bringing you art, music and literature, it is time to have a little fun.

Drinking games from around the world

Jungfrauenbecher (Germany)

Originally known as the jungfrauenbecher (“maiden’s cup”), this silver cup originated in 16th-century Germany and was predominantly used at weddings. The cup took the shape of a woman with a wide skirt that formed a cup when inverted. The woman also carried a pail or a bowl above her head which swiveled to remain upright, effectively creating two cups in one. During the wedding feast, the groom had to toast by drinking from the skirt cup without spilling any wine from the pivoting bowl, from which the bride then had to drink.

Watch of the day is my imported Orient Diver (LUG15003W4)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Great looking watches today! I love that blue Prometheus. I'll be wearing beaters for at least half of the next few days, as I'm packing up gear for a gig. So during calm moments I'll wear the Sinn, and Casio Waveceptor for grunty moments.

GermansSinn.JPG

CasioWavWrTabl3.JPG

1 - 20 of 135 Posts