WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Yes, in 30 years !

Admittedly a nice solar powered watch. My three watches in the Junghans Mega1 Collection, the first radio controlled watch in the world from the 1990s just made it, if you very generously take 25 years as the border line. I tend to do this for my own watches, for all the others it's more 30 to 35 years, possibly 40.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts

·
Registered
7,848 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Wore this Hallmark tank to church today.

View attachment 15885504

Very nice!

Did you know that you are wearing a Waltham watch?

Waltham had declared bankruptcy in 1949 and continued to sell existing stock until 1958 when all remaining inventory went to a company called Hallmark. In line with restructuring efforts, they had opened offices in New York and imported watch movements from Switzerland. The main creditor of Waltham did not allow the use of the Waltham name on the watches, so they sold them under the name Hallmark. Waltham is still around through Waltham Switzerland, founded already in 1954.

It would be nice to see the movement and the US import code. But if you open the watch, which is very easy to do with a two-shell case (just watch out, sometimes there are hinges on one side), there is the danger that the movement falls out immediately. Also when looking at it or taking images, you have to be careful, make sure it is supported well on the dial side in order not to bend the hands.

Whatever, perhaps you are tempted to say that you have already serviced watches before my parents were born ...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Very nice!

Did you know that you are wearing a Waltham watch?

Waltham had declared bankruptcy in 1949 and continued to sell existing stock until 1958 when all remaining inventory went to a company called Hallmark. In line with restructuring efforts, they had opened offices in New York and imported watch movements from Switzerland. The main creditor of Waltham did not allow the use of the Waltham name on the watches, so they sold them under the name Hallmark. Waltham is still around through Waltham Switzerland, founded already in 1954.

It would be nice to see the movement and the US import code. But if you open the watch, which is very easy to do with a two-shell case (just watch out, sometimes there are hinges on one side), there is the danger that the movement falls out immediately. Also when looking at it or taking images, you have to be careful, make sure it is supported well on the dial side in order not to bend the hands.

Whatever, perhaps you are tempted to say that you have already serviced watches before my parents were born ...
Yes, you told me that before! As they say, "Cool story bro! Tell it again!" (y) (y) (y)

121 - 140 of 234 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.