WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have found that I'm drawn to MANY of the discontinued models. I like this one! Very nice.

Several months ago, I picked up a GW-2500 from a fellow WUS member. Similarly, I bought a G-011D "Cube" from a shop in Australia (for a pretty penny).

It seems all the really cool models are discontinued!
100% agreed. Some food for thought: unfortunately, these days I find myself NOT yearning for new Casios more often than not, even if I consider myself an enthusiast and really would like to spend my money on cool new Casio watches. But the company’s current habit of avoiding risks and resting on old laurels isn’t exactly stimulating. Quite honestly, I don’t think Casio will return to its innovative spirit of the past, which to me was still alive as long as Kazuo Kashio presided over the company. If you consider that most of the cool features of today’s G-Shocks were invented long ago, then you get a sense of how much that innovation has slowed down. Well, hope dies last… :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
New 2310R just arrived in the mail today. The adjust button is a little finicky, but it's solar and pretty clean and not bad for a $19.95 winning bid. This makes my second 2310 that I've acquired recently and I like this size G for my smaller wrist.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
If you consider that most of the cool features of today’s G-Shocks were invented long ago, then you get a sense of how much that innovation has slowed down.
Another cool vintage G-Shock that I picked up (as NOS) is the G-7800. If it came out today, everyone would think that Casio invented a new module with a bunch of cool new features. Except this one is OLD, and has a bunch of features that NONE of the new watches have.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Isobrite ISO4002, Afterburner Green…

View attachment 15890952
Interesting! I had not seen this brand of watch before. I just visited their site. An American company... though they don't say whether the watches are assembled here. Not that it matters that much to me... just curious.

How do you like it?

I like that they offer a 20% discount to military, LE, active, retired, and veterans.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Interesting! I had not seen this brand of watch before. I just visited their site. An American company... though they don't say whether the watches are assembled here. Not that it matters that much to me... just curious.

How do you like it?

I like that they offer a 20% discount to military, LE, active, retired, and veterans.
i have both this one and the desert model that’s usually on sale for $249 before discount. To me it seems the afterburner model is better built than the desert tan (along with10 year battery vs 3 or 4 yr battery). I take full advantage of their discount (retired military). Both watches are easily read in pitch black room due to tritium used…though again, the afterburner model has better tritium. FWIW, my afterburner is still spot on to the second two months after I set it, without any type of atomic signal.

Both the yellow valor and tan valor read Swiss movement on face, where others read Swiss made. I suspect that be why those two are cheaper than the rest.

in the end, I feel it’s money well spent. I did put the wider hook and loop bands on both and it makes them more comfortable to me.

·
Registered
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Sweet ride and G tetsu😎😎
Happy hump day
Nice bike!
Excelent upgrade. 29 are much better imo. It goes over little bumps easily and are more stable as well. When i changed from 26 to 29 about 5 years ago it took me a few rides to get used to it, but now i love it. The only cenario i see 26 goes better is on downhill, 26 wheels are harder and more difficult to brake. Hydraulics are good also, now you have more control when slowing down on a tecnichal line. Enjoy in good health, brother!

Enviado de meu SM-M515F usando o Tapatalk
thanks guys! looking fwd to getting back into riding :D

@johnny.bravus yea everything ive heard, read and been told from hardcore mtb friends have said the same about the 29ers, for physical manageable size tho i think i wouldve preferred the 27.5 but that sizing never came to AU. i'll be doing mostly paths and road to start with tho so i'm looking fwd to the sweet rolling inertia, not a fan of going up hills tho and unfortunately im in a hilly area! looking fwd to some trails too, a new large one has opened up not too far away so thats on the agenda as well :D

·
Registered
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I was really disappointed my DW-5300 bezel literally disintegrated. After much measuring with a micrometer and putting it into CAD, I was able to 3D print at least a dimensionally accurate rubber “replica”. So now I can wear it again and it not be naked!

how are you with using sclupey? could smooth out those ridges to tidy it up.
im still living in hope that the 5300 is on the resurrection list for casio 🤞🤞

·
Registered
24 Posts
how are you with using sclupey? could smooth out those ridges to tidy it up.
im still living in hope that the 5300 is on the resurrection list for casio
I’ve never heard of it and had to google to see what it was. How would I use that on my 3D print? I’m unfamiliar with the process. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I’ve never heard of it and had to google to see what it was. How would I use that on my 3D print? I’m unfamiliar with the process. Thanks!
its polymer clay so basically like body filler, lay it down as smooth as you can, let it set, sand it then finish with some buffing. obviously a painting step would be in there if you chose anything other than black.
on anything else it could be quite the process but being so small it should be -too- bad. i have a future custom in mind that i'll be doing this process on 😃🤙

61 - 77 of 77 Posts