WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi - in a flash this topic idea came to me because I wear, like most of us a vintage watch every day (for me on my left wrist, because I'm right handed) - then I change watches every day so I thought but about the other wrist ? What is everyone wearing ?!!!

So here we go ! I usually wear about 4-5 bracelets even dressy ones with a suit and maybe one rubber 'bracelet' for colour

Today at my Surrey Train Station: Left to right: stainless steel, stainless steel under leather, sterling silver with black manta ray skin, black leather (Montblanc) and a rubber green 'bracelet' - Promoting steam engines in Northern England !

So hope this topic is 'ok' - pics and comments welcome from the 'vintage Brothers' !!! Cheers, SDA

This is the 'Steam Again' appeal that is what the green rubber bracelet is for ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James A and busmatt

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going back to your Viking roots and wearing arm rings???
T - thanks for replying !! I was worried this slightly 'off beat' thread was going to be a bust!

I don't think i have any direct Vikings in my family tree, but who knows ?!!

My Great Grandfather came from Paris to New York, cheers for responding from Kiwi-Land on this thread - 27 points ! SDA

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only wear when sailing under the Jolly Roger.
Scrimshaw carved by female yachtie from whale bone collected from Albany Whale station
a million years ago
I picked it up 47 years ago in South Pacific .
Molliedocker - wow that's pretty interesting and unique !!!

Thanks for posting ! Take care of that bone for another million years !' Cheers, SDA

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Nothing on the right here but a few old scars

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Matt's post has got me thinking again - how about we add for this thread, that anyone who has a vintage watch tattoo should post it ?! I don't so I can't ! SDA

·
Registered
695 Posts
I wear the similar bracelets on left and right wrists for the foreseeable future

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wear the similar bracelets on left and right wrists for the foreseeable future

Good luck Kazrich - too bad your watch collection doesn't fully fit in the cell ?! SDA

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Left handed, so right wrist has seen a plenitude of sterling chains of all sorts from antique rope necklaces wrapped round to Vintage Amerindian with Swastikas no less, as well Asian Indian work. My own Art school piece from jewelry classes and so on. All gone. The vagaries of fate. Thought I liked this particular piece ....mid century pewter piece from Norway. But alas not comfortable enough. So its back to ebay .( Not an advertisement ) Now I have my eyes on a handmade chain from Finland or maybe an Indian piece yet again. But the double hook clasps are trouble. Just not sure yet. Interesting subject.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Just received this, so now I have something on my other wrist

It's ace for me, it's got a rams head, I'm an Aries, it's got Mjolnir, Thor's hammer, I was born on Thursday, so all in, it couldn't be better

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,133 Posts
Shortly after reading this thread on Saturday, I burnt my left wrist while cooking. So to the question of what do I wear on my other wrist my answer for the past 4 days has been...

... my watch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts